Disney Plus is Live!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Is there a thread about this already?

Fuck it, it’s live. Updated my tv and the app showed up.

LGE8 - webOS content store

Lots of shit, hdr, 4K support $7, original content.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Does it have the Black Cauldron?

I won't even ask about "Song of the South".

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Been able to get the 'beta' since September.
So far, I like it. Especially the price.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Walt Disney hated jews mkay, are you guys aware of that?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
They also censored Dumbo's crow scene (you know, the ones who teach him to fly, and flying being probably the most important plot element in that movie...) and Song of the South won't be on there.
Sanitize history just not to offend today's eternally butthurt snowflakes and cancel cuture, as expected.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Walt Disney hated jews mkay, are you guys aware of that?

Yes, I am, for a very long time. If I have to worry about every fucking thimg people did wrong, I might as well stop living.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm less concerned that Walt didn't like the Jews (I mean, it was the 30s, who did?), and more concerned with Disney's efforts to basically own all entertainment and morph everything into various extended universes. So...pass.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I only had a few min to test the stream earlier today so I went with "Steamboat Willie" which I never got around to watching before. I think Disney hasn't quite sanitized everything... Mickey was smacking around plenty of innocent animals in that one, highlighted by the old 'swing the cat by the tail' toss. :lolz:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
They also censored Dumbo's crow scene (you know, the ones who teach him to fly, and flying being probably the most important plot element in that movie...) and Song of the South won't be on there.
Sanitize history just not to offend today's eternally butthurt snowflakes and cancel cuture, as expected.

False rumor. They're still in there.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If I was going to subscribe to another streaming service, it wouldn't be fucking Disney. I'll watch Mandalorian on dvd or whatever someday, and I'll watch episode 9 just to be done with it. But otherwise, fuck Star Wars now. The next time I watch Star Wars after those two things will be when the un-Special Edition original trilogy gets a commercial release, and I'm not even really wanting that anymore, either. I'm just burned out finally.

And Marvel? Beh. I'm not going to drop money subscribing to something just for Marvel.

I'm with lithy on this one. I'm not down with actively doing anything to hasten the day when Disney owns everything and everyone.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I got it free for the first year through Verizon, so I figured why not. The Mandalorian was ok for the first ep. I'll see how it fares out after the year is up, but it's more than likely that I'll keep it since my kids wanna watch all the old Disney Afternoon cartoon stuff.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I'm with lithy on this one. I'm not down with actively doing anything to hasten the day when Disney owns everything and everyone.

Have you seen reports that they've started "vaulting" Fox movies? Film festivals can't get hold of Alien, etc. for screenings.

They've got a well populated "out of the vault" section on plus and I'm flashing forward three years to when there's maybe two or three demographically-targeted movies "out of the vault" at a time.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Have you seen reports that they've started "vaulting" Fox movies? Film festivals can't get hold of Alien, etc. for screenings.

They've got a well populated "out of the vault" section on plus and I'm flashing forward three years to when there's maybe two or three demographically-targeted movies "out of the vault" at a time.

LOL, fuck that... I heard Lucas edited the Greedo scene again for the new 4K HDR Star Wars.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Yup...Disney is becoming an entertainment monopoly and no matter what anyone would claim, this is not a good thing for us. Disney buying Fox was a massive blow.

I initially looked at this like it was a great loss but have recently come to the conclusion like I have with other things I feel have been ruined...I just move on an ignore them. If Disney buys the world and fucks over movies/TV...then I'll stop watching any of it. Plain and simple.

LOL, fuck that... I heard Lucas edited the Greedo scene again for the new 4K HDR Star Wars.

It's funny...now that something worse for SW than Lucas has come along...people are waxing poetic about his days at the helm. Honestly, he was a massive cunt as well. The "remakes" of the 90's were fucking awful, his forcing that CG laced shit on us for the DVD/BR releases was a asshole move. Episodes I-III were fucking awful. Anyone remember his horse shit push to re-re-release the films in shitty 3D before Disney put the ax on it? I do.

Lucas wasn't good for SW either...at least he wasn't from the 90's on. His Ep I-III was boring, grinding, poorly written dialog, CG smeared garbage. Disney is politically correct, even more horribly written plots and CG laden crap. Different sides of the same coin.

Honestly, SW died the day I saw Episode I in the theater.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I would've made one of the contract requirements for buying Star Wars that George isn't allowed within 500 feet of the original trilogy masters.

Also fuck Disney.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Word is that the latest change to the Greedo scene was made by GL years ago before he turned the masters over to Disney. Think of it as a parting gift. :) Maclunkey!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Nice I've got an LGB8, how nice is OLED :tickled:

It’s my first 4K and an OLED, I was coming off some Samsung’s from 2008 and an LG from 2011.

The craziest thing is not knowing if the tv is on or not if I don’t have a signal. Black as hell. Vibrant and rich colors. It’s just a damn tv at the end of the day but it’s nice. The 4K on Disney+ is crisp.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
nah bruh fuck disney

I'm less concerned that Walt didn't like the Jews (I mean, it was the 30s, who did?), and more concerned with Disney's efforts to basically own all entertainment and morph everything into various extended universes. So...pass.

I'm not down with actively doing anything to hasten the day when Disney owns everything and everyone.

If Disney buys the world and fucks over movies/TV...then I'll stop watching any of it. Plain and simple.

Also fuck Disney.
This place brings joy to my heart.