Do I have to accept buyer’s return for this BS?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Sold something on eBay and later buyer informed me that:

Will you please retract the buying purchase of this item? My friend got a hold of my phone and bought this without my consent.

I told him it’s too late as I already shipped it with tracking.

Do I have to accept this return? It looks like a buyer’s remorse to me.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Sold something on eBay and later buyer informed me that:

Will you please retract the buying purchase of this item? My friend got a hold of my phone and bought this without my consent.

I told him it’s too late as I already shipped it with tracking.

Do I have to accept this return? It looks like a buyer’s remorse to me.

I'm just going to assume you don't accept returns and it's stated in the auction somewhere. If so: tough shit for him. Report it to ebay in case it escalates.
Someone tried the same with me not too long ago, claiming his underage nephew bought it.
Yeah fuck right off.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Too late to return?

I’m just afraid he’ll create more bs like “ item not as described” or other things to ask for a return/refund.

like Shroom said, report the message to ebay in case it escalates.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It won't matter what the reason, is he files for an eBay return you'll have to eat it. Been through it, eBay wants the hassle free Amazon returns type culture with an auction bazaar.

If he doesn't realize he can file for a return, obviously don't tell him, but if he does eBay doesn't care what reason is given, they will allow it. You will be out shipping twice, auction fee will be refunded, and you can relist.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Have you though about letting him fuck your wife instead of a refund? Just make sure you disclose upfront that you're going to be watching as I think that may violate ebays TOS.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Have you though about letting him fuck your wife instead of a refund? Just make sure you disclose upfront that you're going to be watching as I think that may violate ebays TOS.
This is a solid point. Numerous are the times I have settled internet quarells with this sure-fire tactic

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I mean, this all makes perfect sense to me. Only way this would make more sense is if HDR started the thread

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It won't matter what the reason, is he files for an eBay return you'll have to eat it. Been through it, eBay wants the hassle free Amazon returns type culture with an auction bazaar.

If he doesn't realize he can file for a return, obviously don't tell him, but if he does eBay doesn't care what reason is given, they will allow it. You will be out shipping twice, auction fee will be refunded, and you can relist.

^^^THIS....

He files a claim with eBay for WHATEVER reason... you will prob have to accept it...

xROTx

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's buyer's remorse.
You will likely have to allow it, but you don't have to pay for the return shipping. Make sure to keep all of these conversations when he inevitably lies to ebay.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
It's buyer's remorse.
You will likely have to allow it, but you don't have to pay for the return shipping. Make sure to keep all of these conversations when he inevitably lies to ebay.

Many thanks

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
He paid... And now says he didn't buy? I mean.. no.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I sold a mint Saturn game. The seller asked to return it and I said okay. They returned their good copy and kept my mint one. I didn't take enough close up pics to prove it.

I've had many normal deals take place to worry about a bad transaction.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I once sold a killer instinct board that I never should have let go. Ended up going for something like $300 or so. My ad had HUGE TEXT that said it works, but it's delicate, no responsibility if you fuck it up, I had a video of the game booting and playing, etc. I covered my ass.

Dude complained that he couldn't get it working with his super gun, and wanted his money back. I refused because I knew be broke it, the dumb fucker. Ended up leaving negative feedback. Asshole. That's the last time I sold something on eBay.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Fucking mega lulz in this thread, hahaha

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I sold a mint Saturn game. The seller asked to return it and I said okay. They returned their good copy and kept my mint one. I didn't take enough close up pics to prove it.

I've had many normal deals take place to worry about a bad transaction.

WTF is wrong with people