DO NOT ORDER SH8T from TV ADS

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I go back to ordering product from TV ads and being offered COD as a method of payment and haven't done so in like FOREVER so I see an ad on TV for Tac shaver. What the hell,I'll give them a call..I call up and a ROBOT is there to take my order. The robot asks me questions and I try to answer each one until sh8t started going sideways...
Anyway the questions:
ROBOT-If you want shaver state,yes.OK
ROBOT-If you want the second shaver at a discount,state yes.OK
ROBOT-What are you paying with.we accept Debit or credit card.OK
ROBOT-Please give us your credit information.OK(I use a cc with a small limit on purpose being apprehensive right out the gate) OK
ROBOT-They trace my phone# to verify it's me. OK
ROBOT-Would you like to give us an e-mail so we can notify you when we ship.NO(I gave you enough already,I don't need the spam filling up my box)
ROBOT-would you like the battery and charger for xxxx amount of dollars? (My so called discount is erased due to the cost of the charger no bttery so..)OK can we get this over with already,the deal is not really a deal but it looks like a good product.
ROBOT-would you like to purchase x amount of blades, we will send you blades every month automatically unless you call a certain 800# to cancel ?NO (I'd like to try the item out first before I get invested in it like that) can we end this already!
NOW WE GO OFF THE RAILS...
ROBOT-we re going to send coupons from Walmart and 3 different magazine subscriptions and you will be automatically billed every month unless you call a certain 800# to cancel..NO
ROBOT-we still want to send you free gifts and thank you for your patience so we would like to offer you BLAH BLAH BLAH and bill your cc
FUCK THIS SH8T! I just hang up the phone...Magazine subscriptions? WTF you want to bill me every month for some miscellaneous bullsh8t and I just want the shaver.
My how things have changed...
I'll be checking to see if they billed me or not.. My cc may just come up lost to detach those bastards from having my cc info.
What a SCAM!
BB

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Really figured BB more of a beard guy. No razors needed. Trim with scissors, or a bowie knife.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
THIS IS A PSA.
These companies are SPAM factories. They will sell your personal information and in no time you will be flooded with SPAM in your e-mail,endless robo calls and junk mail ,then on top of all that ,they want to attach themselves to your credit or debit card like true BLOOD SUCKERS they are!
This sh8t should be illegal but it's progressive and that's the IN thing now.
BB

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
THIS IS A PSA.
These companies are SPAM factories. They will sell your personal information and in no time you will be flooded with SPAM in your e-mail,endless robo calls and junk mail ,then on top of all that ,they want to attach themselves to your credit or debit card like true BLOOD SUCKERS they are!
BB
If it was any other member, I'd think they were trolling with that post. But do you have someone in your family you can call to come check on you?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember last time I was home I bought some shit from GNC, and the guy asked for my phone number. I said no thanks. Then he said he can't complete the transaction without my phone number. So I gave him a fake one. Then he asked for my name.

Not gonna lie, it made me pull a BIG BEAR and I was like wtf does GNC need my number and name for. Let me buy these pills in peace.

murka

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I remember last time I was home I bought some shit from GNC, and the guy asked for my phone number. I said no thanks. Then he said he can't complete the transaction without my phone number. So I gave him a fake one. Then he asked for my name.
I hate that shit. I've even had it happen at the deli counter of all places, you don't need my personal info, you don't need to text me notifications. Just cut my order and I'll wait for two entire minutes. I have walked out of stores over it before. The fact that stuff that intrusive has become common place and acceptable is not good.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I have a fake name and fake number on hand for that.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Not gonna lie, it made me pull a BIG BEAR and I was like wtf does GNC need my number and name for. Let me buy these pills in peace.

murka
That's the one thing I DON'T miss about Radio Shack. When you walk into the store they'll hunt you down no matter how much you evade then, then they ask for your phone number when you check out. Harbor Freight does the same thing at checkout. When they ask if I have a phone number, I say "Why yes...yes I do have one!" :tickled:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's the one thing I DON'T miss about Radio Shack. When you walk into the store they'll hunt you down no matter how much you evade then, then they ask for your phone number when you check out. Harbor Freight does the same thing at checkout. When they ask if I have a phone number, I say "Why yes...yes I do have one!" :tickled:

It's actually helpful at Harbor Freight if you buy stuff frequently. When the cheapass tool inevitably breaks they can look it up by phone number for a warranty replacement.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It's actually helpful at Harbor Freight if you buy stuff frequently. When the cheapass tool inevitably breaks they can look it up by phone number for a warranty replacement.

You fell for it!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

Those were the good days at Radio Shack. Back in the day every transaction was done on carbon paper and they asked for name and address every time. This is normal for business or industrial transactions which they…kinda did at one point, but really The Shack was always mainly a consumer level place so this really stood out as super annoying. When you’re buying AA batteries at the mall in 1992 you don’t expect to have to fill out any more paperwork than any other place that sold AA batteries which was zero.

Eventually they stopped doing it which made things easier for everyone. Then then they started selling phones and satellite dishes and other things that are more about contracts and kickbacks than actual items and it became worse than ever.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
THIS IS A PSA.
BB
ok granpa time for your meds

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Who even still watches network or cable tv?

Still use OTA for Jeopardy, Bob's Burgers, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Just got my attic antenna wired in at the new house this past weekend. Fuck it is hot up there.