Do something about the awbacon spam

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I have been here close to 20 years now and kern's constant whining is up there with one of the most bizarre things I've seen. It is difficult to describe how strange it is, it just isn't normal behavior.

Prepare for three or four single sentence replies in a row.
Plus one post of just "lol" or "hahaha"

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I wasn't even aware he made videos until everyone started spamming his thread. Then curiousity made me click on the thread. Just normal Teh Drama the site is known for.

As far as my stance? Neutral, I just wish you fuckers would let another thread that everyone enjoys take the top spot for more than 5 minutes.
I certainly noticed when there were regularly like 5 or 6 new threads/posts within a 24 hour period all needlessly in separate areas. Then I noticed the exact same posts on a couple other forums except that they were all contained in a single thread. Imagine that. That's what made me raise an eyebrow, the mods told him to cut out his spamming and merged all his shit. So obviously he has had issues at other sites as well. Of course this is NG.com and we don't do things the easy or smart way but he should have seen the backlash coming.

Him saying that the only reason he keeps doing it is to piss off kern is lame and in a way makes him just as responsible for the ridiculous behavior as anyone else complaining, so nuts to that excuse.

Like you all I ever wanted was a single thread somewhere that wouldn't constantly be bumped dominating more pertinent stuff. I don't even know if that's possible. So far Tak's suggestion of limited updates is the best but if bacon is serious and can just post here like normal without all the YT promotion then even better

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I've talked to awbacon in chat last night and he agreed to cut down on the updates of his thread, let's see where this takes us.
There was once a neogeo.com mod called Tak,
Who enjoyed Speccy games like hobos do crack,
When asked to close Bacon’s tryst,
Because kern was especially pissed,
He told Bacon to stop acting so whack.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
"Certainly, they existed. Yt threads desperating for views. Blinded by ambition. Those unconsumed by potential non-viewers. In the end, fried bacon was all they could care"

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Every post you make here is 'on the assault'. Just so weird.

Must be a cold day in hell because LS and I agree on something.

At least the ‘bacongate’ saga delivered a light dose of drama on our slowly dying forum.

Part 2 will come in 3 months (or sooner) when bacon ‘accidentally’ breaks the once a week update rule.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Must be a cold day in hell because LS and I agree on something.

At least the ‘bacongate’ saga delivered a light dose of drama on our slowly dying forum.

Part 2 will come in 3 months (or sooner) when bacon ‘accidentally’ breaks the once a week update rule.
The only think I’m posting now on is responses on kernows ridiculous attitude. The 46 views aren’t worth it. But poking Kernow is

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm so glad that's the only think you're posting.
Remember! no videos, no replies from me.

I win. x
Back to normal viewing

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There was once a neogeo.com mod called Tak,
Who enjoyed Speccy games like hobos do crack,
When asked to close Bacon’s tryst,
Because kern was especially pissed,
He told Bacon to stop acting so whack.
Absolute gold.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
So is the battle over but the war not yet decided?

For those who are now visiting this at page 3 and thinking "TLDR" - here are the cliff notes:

Long ago the neogeo community was split,
Over whether Bacon's videos were shit,
In a moment of inaction,
Wasabi returned with a distraction,
Proclaiming Aero Fighters 3 AES to be legit.

Last edited: