Does anybody else have this problem with their Neo-Geo X?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
When I plug mine into the docking station the joystick icon comes on up at the top of the screen but the joystick won't do anything. I have to keep turning the unit off and on, off and on before the joystick will work. I know the joystick works fine fine because it works like a champ with my PS3 and PC.

Neo x

War Room Troll
It's happened to me once and hasn't happened since with many hours of playing. Usually I turn it on and fuck off for a smoke before I play, when I get back everything is working. Maybe you need to leave it a few seconds after turn on?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Occasionally, yes. I find unplugging, waiting a few seconds, and replugging does the trick. Sometimes I have to do it twice.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I have a similar problem with mine. When I turn it on, it sucks ass. Not sure if there is a setting or patch for this. :crying:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
That'd be nice, but I'm not sure what would need to be patched! Like neo_x7, I've plugged it into my PS3, and it works perfectly every single time.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I just received mine, and it has done it a couple of times now to me. As has been said, unplugging/replugging the stick seems to do the trick. A minor inconvenience, but hopefully one that is fixed in the so-called 'update' in April.

Orochi_Oni

n00b
This happened to me after about a month of play. It was REALLY annoying, so I contacted Blaze and they replaced my docking station and arcade sticks.

I think the problem must have been with the USB connection on the docking station. They probably just asked me to send the sticks back as a precaution. I can't have been unlucky enough to get two faulty sticks. :lolz:

Last edited:

Idol

n00b
I had this problem when u had it hooked up through hdmi when I switched to CRT it worked like a charm.

I have this same problem, and I found out what the issue is. If the handheld is not fully charged, the controller will not work. Once it is charged, it works fine. Odd

Boki

New Challenger
I got a big problem. My X don't start anymore. I need images of old .370 bios (some people says uboot.bin or sys_update_file) I got a sys_update_file but how do I have to use it? I really feel bad to have "broke" my neogeoX trying to install dingux... Can anyone help me? Please?

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I got a big problem. My X don't start anymore. I need images of old .370 bios (some people says uboot.bin or sys_update_file) I got a sys_update_file but how do I have to use it? I really feel bad to have "broke" my neogeoX trying to install dingux... Can anyone help me? Please?

Easy fix, trash it.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Save whatever dignity you have left and trash that pos. Go to bed, sleep and wake up and tell yourself that the NGX was all a bad dream and never happened.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
:lolz: little did he know he joined the worst forum possible to ask that question. I'd suggest another forum but I have no fucking clue who plays that shit. GL.

Mine was doing this as well. I found the joystick would not connect until the system was fully charged, then it was fine. I found the problem was my ac adspter wasnt giving right voltage.

I bought a replacement oem ac adapter and have not had this proble. Since

Also the right direction on my neo geo x handheld joystick (not docking station joystick) stopped clicking. Any fix for that?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Also the right direction on my neo geo x handheld joystick (not docking station joystick) stopped clicking. Any fix for that?

8iBOpPkl.jpg