Does anyone actually buy this crap??? VGA graded games

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'm referring to any and all of them... $50 shipped. :keke:

Well, as giant hockey pucks, I can kind of see your point.

BTW, you can break open those things without damaging the game/box inside but, you have to be very careful...

...that is, if you're feeling crazy enough to buy a four-figure game just so you can say "F you" to this horrible niche of the video game collector market.

Jon

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
vga - samsho.jpg

Inspired by VGA, I'm starting a Neo Geo EXCLUSIVE grading service.

What you get for $25 to grade per game.
1. Zip loc bag to protect your precious from air and moisture.
2. Free return shipping.
3. A certificate to verify your insanity.

Any takers?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Inspired by VGA, I'm starting a Neo Geo EXCLUSIVE grading service.

What you get for $25 to grade per game.
1. Zip loc bag to protect your precious from air and moisture.
2. Free return shipping.
3. A certificate to verify your insanity.

Any takers?

How much to upgrade to a foodsaver bag and a quarter scoop of rice inside protect from any moisture?

BIG TIMER!

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
there was a thread about this on pcefx a while back, resulted in punkicCyborg listing some items on ebay.

using his own grading system, with the game sealed in a sandwich bag.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I wouldn't buy any vga rated games personally. the only scenario I can see to using their service would be if you wanted to have your collection insured. many insurance companies won't even touch the topic without a 3rd party appraisal. imagine losing your metal slug 1 homecart in a fire.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
do a search on ebay in 'video games' for "vga". select 'completed listings' - 'sold' & then check off "highest first".
looks like quite a few people buy this stuff... and the most expensive was a Zelda lot that sold for $49,999.99

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I just got my Landwirtschaftsimulator graded:

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
do a search on ebay in 'video games' for "vga". select 'completed listings' - 'sold' & then check off "highest first".
looks like quite a few people buy this stuff... and the most expensive was a Zelda lot that sold for $49,999.99

This is insane! These new breed of vga collectors puts the Neo collectors to shame haha. Surprise I don't see any vga neo carts

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
This is insane! These new breed of vga collectors puts the Neo collectors to shame haha. Surprise I don't see any vga neo carts

Yeah, all that for probably $160 worth of video games that you could, more than likely, find at your local Walmart or Gamestop right now...

...IN THE EXACT SAME CONDITION!!!!!!

Jon

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
And you could PLAY THE GAMES if you wanted to ;)

I was never really sure whether these VGA boxes could be opened or not. Guess they can't...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
And you could PLAY THE GAMES if you wanted to ;)

I was never really sure whether these VGA boxes could be opened or not. Guess they can't...

They are sealed shut but, you can open them. My brother was able to open one by smashing a corner, sliding part of the plastic off, and removing the game.

But, yes, they're not meant to be removed...ever. And, yes, you have to destroy the shell to get at the game.

Jon

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Zelda-VGA-U100-LOT-NEW-SEALED-NINTENDO-Wii-U-Gamecube-N64-SNES-NES-DS-/131120194246?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e875f62c6&nma=true&si=0AZ6WFR2SCm0vSeKobgzSptfCBQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Fuuuuuck.... maybe I should charge a couple grand for my 2 sealed copies of spirit tracks in my selling thread... nah, I just sold them for $20 shipped each. Like they should be.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
But if I opened one, I would find out it actually contains mummified dog feces instead of an actual game. They're sealed for your protection.

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I wonder how many of those graded games are clever reseals? XD You know peeps are getting fucked.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I wonder how many of those graded games are clever reseals? XD You know peeps are getting fucked.

Plz
The VGA are experts in forgery. You'd have to be when your business fucks over your sucker buyers by artificially inflating your games price so they get a bigger cut on the next chump who grades.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
A window into someone who sends their games for grading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8oRYNdVm2U Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S5rvRVMixY Part 2

These videos made me really angry. What a fucking cunt that guy is. This has been discussed a thousand times. Adding value? It's adding a veil of value. It's not real value.

Listen to the way he talks "I made a ton of money, it's a good investment". No. It's a fucking game.

I would love to break open those cases. No tools, just me and the case. That would be such a good stress relief.