Donkey Kong Monitor Issue

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
My buddy has an original Donkey Kong cabinet, has had it for years and one day the monitor was like this when turned on. Recap, flyback, both? I don't believe the monitor has been swapped so all the electronics are original to the cabinet. Any advice would be much appreciated.

DK Monitor.jpg

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
The Screen knob on the flyback is turned on way too high, that's why you're seeing those lines. Use a plastic tool and turn it down until you no longer see them. Hopefully its just that, if you can't dial in an acceptable brightness and colors after adjusting the screen I'd look into recapping or something else going on

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
These are raster lines, what Gmegbln said is right. You can find guides on fixing raster lines all over youtube

inogy

n00b
Thats because the emphasis in Donkey Kong Country and its sequel was all on fancy 3D-looking graphics and sprites. Never mind that those graphics made it very difficult to navigate the levels, or that the play control sucked mostly in the first one, but it was like... original Prince of Persia



Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Thats because the emphasis in Donkey Kong Country and its sequel was all on fancy 3D-looking graphics and sprites. Never mind that those graphics made it very difficult to navigate the levels, or that the play control sucked mostly in the first one, but it was like... original Prince of Persia


Wut?