Don't Talk to the police.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I bet a lot of you busting out the good old :rolleyes: do plenty of shit that leaves you more distracted from your driving than you should be.

You mean like getting road head? Hell yeah! I only do that when I'm drunk, though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
...if you've been drinking.

...if you don't like being arbitrarily stopped and treated like a criminal for doing nothing wrong all in the name of "public safety."

But I guess since I've done nothing wrong then I've got nothing to hide, eh?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
You mean like getting road head? Hell yeah! I only do that when I'm drunk, though.

I know someone who had her car totaled due to road head. She was letting her boyfriend drive her car. She gave him road head. He couldn't control himself and drove right into a brick wall. :cool:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
...if you don't like being arbitrarily stopped and treated like a criminal for doing nothing wrong all in the name of "public safety."

But I guess since I've done nothing wrong then I've got nothing to hide, eh?

I've never been arbitrarily stopped at one. Most I've had to do is slow down while being waved through. You're exaggerating your outrage. It's not like traffic backs up while they breathalize every driver to come along. The only times I've even encountered a DUI checkpoint are holiday nights known for drinking, like St. Paddy's or something.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I know someone who had her car totaled due to road head. She was letting her boyfriend drive her car. She gave him road head. He couldn't control himself and drove right into a brick wall. :cool:

Better than talking to brick walls, which is what STK is doing right now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've never been arbitrarily stopped at one. Most I've had to do is slow down while being waved through. You're exaggerating your outrage. It's not like traffic backs up while they breathalize every driver to come along. The only times I've even encountered a DUI checkpoint are holiday nights known for drinking, like St. Paddy's or something.

I'm not exaggerating anything nor is my concern related to traffic being slowed down.

My problem lies with the random stopping of people who have no cause to be stopped other than that they had to drive through a "checkpoint" which gives the police the authority to stop whoever the want.

itsmattxp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So if a cop pulls you over for any reason like a speeding ticket and asks you a question. Are you just going to sit there completely silent? Until he lets you go? Or you going to say I plead the fifth? Its good to know the advice given but if you continually say I plead the fifth for something like a traffic ticket, that would take forever before you're allowed to go?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
So if a cop pulls you over for any reason like a speeding ticket and asks you a question. Are you just going to sit there completely silent? Until he lets you go? Or you going to say I plead the fifth? Its good to know the advice given but if you continually say I plead the fifth for something like a traffic ticket, that would take forever before you're allowed to go?

http://flexyourrights.org/faq/74

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

Did you watch the video? He's not talking about stuff like that. He's talking about if you've been involved with something big. He does say not to give your ID over unless you have to though (eg: driving, drinking, etc).

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I bet a lot of you busting out the good old :rolleyes: do plenty of shit that leaves you more distracted from your driving than you should be.

images

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
DUI Checkpoints are bullshit.

I could be way off, but someone was saying that legally you need to be able to turn around from the check point (as in having a place to change direction).

I agree though. I don't feel the DUI checkpoint is a proper preventative tool for safety (Which I will support). It is just a way for catching people by forcing everyone through a test. (Extreme overexageration coming up) might as well just have all kids take drug tests before going into school.