Double Dragon is coming to PS3 and PSP on PSN. The ultimate fighting game.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
You guys know this has been available on the Japanese PSN for three years, right?

You do know this news is about the North America/European import release on PSN's PSOne market, right? PSN has released Japanese only PS1 games in NA and EU PSN Stores.

99% of PSN consumers don't shop on foreign PSN Stores, even though making a region specific account is easy, and online stores sell PSN codes for any region PSN Store. So as region free as PS3 is, most people are only going to shop on the PSN Store specific to their region.

Japan PSN Store already had PS1 games like Vagrant Story and Xenogears in their store for a very long time, but once they released in NA and EU stores, it became significant and NEW relevant news for the majority in those regions that wanted to play those games on PS3 digitally. :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I looked on the Hong Kong PSN (it most of the same stuff as Japan but the store is in English) and they also have a TON of PS2 games that we don't have here.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
False. I got japanese, US, UK and german PSN accounts.

Once again, kindly go fuck yourself.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, u.

It has been a long time since I logged into my Japanese account, seeing as how the last time I went it was entirely in moonspeak. Things change, I suppose.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
No, u.

It has been a long time since I logged into my Japanese account, seeing as how the last time I went it was entirely in moonspeak. Things change, I suppose.

I meant saner btw.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is it the Ultimate or the Penultimate Double Dragon fighting game?

Depends on how you view Rage of the Dragons.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
you sluts got not love for Super Double Dragon on the snes?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I played the demo for Double Dragon Neon.

Pretty awesome game.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
DDII is not fucking over rated, if anything people don't show that shit enough respect. Nostalgia? PLEASE that game is just as playable today as it was when I was a kid, it's on a VERY VERY short list of NES games that are actually tolerable today. Fucking me and a buddy playing, and nothing touches that shit on the NES. Rosetta Stone? hahahahahahahahahah PLZ It's the broken toilet paper of the NES 3 - you can't get the stink off.

GOOD DAY SIR!

Your maudlin argument isn't compelling. What you and you're buddy do is irrelevant.

Toilet paper of the nes? Well, I can simultaneously enjoy a game while being cognizant of it's short comings/shit/broken nature. This doesn't apply to DDIII though. It's just as much of a competent game as II. But much less boring of course.

Nobody actually likes DD III.
Most people are too lazy/stupid to learn how to play it. So yeah, your right.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Just give me B Mode from the NES Double Dragon. I had more fun with friends playing that than I did some of the other Double Dragons *cough DDIII arcade version cough*

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
you sluts got not love for Super Double Dragon on the snes?
My preference is for the "Return of Double Dragon" JP version.

This doesn't apply to DDIII though. It's just as much of a competent game as II. But much less boring of course.

I will say that the NES version of III was a pretty big improvement over the godawful arcade game and I liked the concept of incorporating new characters to use, but I felt like it was poorly executed. Chin being so frigging slow, for example.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
No. DDA is far, far, far, far superior. THAT is the best DD ever, and strong candidate for best beat 'em up of all-time, ahead of even Capcom's top entries.

This. All day long. End thread. Everyone else here loves cock but STK.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Only one I ever played to completion was Neon. Had a blast with it. That fucking furry fairy thing that you get was so weird, but hilarious.

Super Ninja Baseball Bat Man >

Also...when the fuck was this double dragon the ultimate fighting game? Did no Street Fighters, King of Fighters, Samurai Shodowns, or Fatal Furies get released in your feminist utopia?

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I can see where you're coming from on DDIII for it's challenge, I bet II would have been more challenging if it had shipped unfinished.

IT'S A LOCK ON THIS THREAD - DDII OFFICIAL BEST DOUBLE DRAGON IN HISTORY OF GAMING AND BEAT THEM UPS AND POSSIBLE RELIC LEFT TO FUTURE LIFE FORMS AS A SURVIVAL TRAINING TOOL.

dd2.jpg

PS - just fuxin with you.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Jim Gaffigan is the ultimate comedian.
Dude has everything: dad jokes, family jokes, silly voices (actually just one silly voice), no cusswords....dudes a fucking beast on the circuit.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Your maudlin argument isn't compelling. What you and you're buddy do is irrelevant.

Toilet paper of the nes? Well, I can simultaneously enjoy a game while being cognizant of it's short comings/shit/broken nature. This doesn't apply to DDIII though. It's just as much of a competent game as II. But much less boring of course.

Just to clarify, we ARE talking about DDIII on the NES? And not the arcade game... right?

I ask because although I feel DDII on NES is better than DDIII, I still enjoy DDIII, flaws and all. As for learning how to play it? You just walk up/down the screen 'cyclone kick' everyone. The enemies after they run at you and the bosses too.

I do like the jumping shoulder throw. That was a nice addition, but on the whole, I genuinely can't see why you would rate III > II. Again, I like and play them both, but DDII is just amazing.

I always wished someone had hacked DDIII to play like DDII if I'm honest. NES > PCE DD2 as well. PCE has the graphical advantage, but the playability and depth of NES DDII is insane for the time. 4x different attack options from grab in 87...

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Also...when the fuck was this double dragon the ultimate fighting game? Did no Street Fighters, King of Fighters, Samurai Shodowns, or Fatal Furies get released in your feminist utopia?
Best part was where it's supposedly the game with the most depth of the entire series, especially compared to Rage of the Dragons.

Then of course came the videos that were as riveting as a paint-drying marathon. But apparently with far more depth than RotD.

Riiiiight. Guess Sonia isn't an empowering enough character.

:keke: