Dune trailer

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Watched Annihilation. As y'all said, it's really good. It's similar to Arrival in a lot of ways, both superficially and thematically, but it sort of reaches the opposite conclusion. They're both about a college professor who ends up helping the military in a first contact situation. But while the aliens in Arrival are ultimately benevolent and bringing a gift, the aliens in Annihilation are essentially cancerous. Arrival is about a woman who saves mankind by becoming a better version of herself, Annihilation is about a woman who saves mankind by teaching the aliens how to self-destruct like a human. And in both movies the protagonist destroys their relationship. In Arrival she does it because she already loves the child she knows will be terminally ill and decides not to tell the father, who would've chosen not to have the doomed child. In Annihilation she has an affair, which is why she believes her husband signed up for a suicide mission to begin with. One wrecks her relationship out of a selfless love, the other out of selfishness and self-loathing.

how about some spoiler tags?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
how about some spoiler tags?

How about if you don't watch the movie in the first couple years, you just shut your face and suck it up? Darth Vader is Luke's dad, Soylent Green is people, and go fuck yourself.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
How about if you don't watch the movie in the first couple years, you just shut your face and suck it up? Darth Vader is Luke's dad, Soylent Green is people, and go fuck yourself.

or... you could just use the spoiler tag and be nice.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
or... you could just use the spoiler tag and be nice.
No, go fuck yourself. There has to be some cutoff point where people can just discuss old movies without having to worry about some potential person who wasn't interested enough to watch a film at the time. Whether that's two weeks or two months or whatever can be a discussion. But when it's more than two years, you can go jump in the lake. You can't expect the whole world to hit the pause button for your sake, you egomaniac.

You also have the ability to see a few words into a post that someone is discussing some old movie you haven't made an effort to see yet for whatever reason, and then decide not to read the rest of the post. Take some fucking responsibility. I've never seen Dog Day Afternoon, but if someone posts about it and I choose to read that post, that's on me, not them. Even if you were born only days before registering for this forum in 2004, you're not a fucking child anymore.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Bruce Willis is a ghost.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Which cover?

41m+6YgCmrL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
More people should go jump in a lake.

Rosebud was a sled.

Bruce Willis was dead the whole time.

It was Dio.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My favorite part of the original movie was the ending credits. Such a cool thing. It would be tits if they did it again. But most likely not.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Villeneuve has stated the stillsuit from Lynch's version influenced the design for his film. It's clear that certain technical aspects of the earlier movie have influenced him. Let's see what else sticks. And yes, I agree that the end credits were great in the Lynch film.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
No, go fuck yourself. There has to be some cutoff point where people can just discuss old movies without having to worry about some potential person who wasn't interested enough to watch a film at the time. Whether that's two weeks or two months or whatever can be a discussion. But when it's more than two years, you can go jump in the lake. You can't expect the whole world to hit the pause button for your sake, you egomaniac.

You also have the ability to see a few words into a post that someone is discussing some old movie you haven't made an effort to see yet for whatever reason, and then decide not to read the rest of the post. Take some fucking responsibility. I've never seen Dog Day Afternoon, but if someone posts about it and I choose to read that post, that's on me, not them. Even if you were born only days before registering for this forum in 2004, you're not a fucking child anymore.

As much as we don't agree on a lot of stuff sometimes, I can 100% agree with this. I don't care about spoilers on anything much less a movie that came out forever ago. If anything you're being a bit pretentious asking people to do spoilers in this day and age.

Wait... Darth Vader is Luke's father? Fucking hell my life is ruined....

Snape killed Dumbledor too! Now we're even!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
chill out champ, being nice is not homo, and you react like I asked to not talk about stuff at all... nobody is trying to take away from you the first amendment (or likely in your case the second too) and if embedding a tag is too far from your typing skills, apologies, you may have bigger problems.

btw, good job here, keep 'em coming:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ch-CURRENTLY&p=4451527&viewfull=1#post4451527

not your fault 'kid, being mindful is a clear sign of "..a more civilized age" I'm asking too much, I get it.

45ca3c5b9bc8dc4c7aedaa217387a32f.png

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
chill out champ, being nice is not homo, and you react like I asked to not talk about stuff at all... nobody is trying to take away from you the first amendment (or likely in your case the second too) and if embedding a tag is too far from your typing skills, apologies, you may have bigger problems.

btw, good job here, keep 'em coming:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ch-CURRENTLY&p=4451527&viewfull=1#post4451527

not your fault 'kid, being mindful is a clear sign of "..a more civilized age" I'm asking too much, I get it.

View attachment 57758

it has been long since an Italian has trolled outside of the Italian forums here...

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
it has been long since an Italian has trolled outside of the Italian forums here...

alright, alright, you got me... truth is, I indeed watched both Arrival and Annihilation at theaters (both back in Raleigh IIRC) nevertheless, I know there is still good in you guys, y'all just forgot.

old.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Mortal Kombat Annihilation and Charlie Sheen's The Arrival
Spoiler:
sucked ass

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Trailer views
Dune: 22 million and counting (released 6 days ago)
The Batman: 13 million (released 3 weeks ago)

This is a good sign. Hopefully they delay it until more theaters are open and people are less scared of ronas, as both Tenet and Mulan bombed hard.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
My favorite part of the original movie was the ending credits. Such a cool thing. It would be tits if they did it again. But most likely not.

I love ending credits that give the movie a sense of occasion. Dune and Phantom of The Paradise are the first movies that come to mind for this.

Even a little thing like displaying a title graphic after the credits does something. It's a shame it isn't done more often. Post-credit "teaser" sequences are fine but they can make the movies feel disposable.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You guys ever seen the Spicediver fan cut? I love it, and a lot of people *really* love it, refusing to watch the theatrical or tv cuts.

Spoiler:
Chocolate? This is doo doo, baby!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Phantom of the Paradise is a fun time. Forgot about it, and glad to remember it exists.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Ya SML I saw the Spacediver or whatever he's called 'cut', in fact I never saw the theatrical nor home release of it. Jumped straight into it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kinda ironic how this contemporary Dune trailer uses a cover of a really old song by Pink Floyd- The same exact group once slated to score the soundtrack for its abandoned 1975 film incarnation.

Toto did a better job than Floyd could ever have done.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I love ending credits that give the movie a sense of occasion. Dune and Phantom of The Paradise are the first movies that come to mind for this.

Even a little thing like displaying a title graphic after the credits does something. It's a shame it isn't done more often. Post-credit "teaser" sequences are fine but they can make the movies feel disposable.

How could I forget???

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Too late, you've already brought shame to your ancestors 18 generations before you.