E3 2017 - anything to look forward to?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm looking forward to Nintendo's announcements.

Dragon Ball Fighters Z is looking incredible. I really cannot wait for this one.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

Dragon Ball Fighters Z is looking incredible. I really cannot wait for this one.

I haven't been this impressed with the look of a game since... Garou and SFIII days. Honestly, I can hardly believe what I'm seeing here
If this was a just universe, such amazing visual flare would be employed in the next Sam Spirits. It would take it's starting point from SS3 and work from that.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Looks like DBZ is getting the Xrd treatment. Looks great so far.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Lotta great looking games announced, nothing has me hyped though.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

Cannot agree more. DBZ looks unreal. Actually something to get excited about for once.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man MvCI Story Trailer Monster Hunter World and Shadow of the Colossus REMAKE has me super hyped!!!

All three of those games look like straight dynamite!

and thats from today. The stuff already revealed from yesterday, namely The Evil Within 2 and DBFZ has this locked as one hell of an E3 for me. Only thing missing to make this perfect so far is a new game from Kamiya and itsuno

Where is DMC5 dammit!

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
when 3d graphics first became a thing - and the cg was a great deal better than the in game graphics - I often dreamt of the day when these cut scenes would be representative of actual graphics.
now I wish I could go back to the days when games felt like videogames and not films.
everything looks the same.
the wooded areas are all the same.

the dialogues are fucking horrible. I'm sick of all those SHIT oneliners - fuck humor in videogames if you can't do funny.
It´s like the game makers try waaay too hard, they end up spoiling everything with overstatement

these are just cg sequences where you guide the action toward the next cinematographic set piece
that so far is what I'm getting from most of this (though yesterday's announced Evil Within 2 does have me salivating).

I mean who gives a shit about these overbloated, overdrawn out tech demos? the day is quickly coming when people don't give a flying fuck about shiny, impersonal aesthetics, hyper reality and whatnot
this is what you get when the business which was once Japanese mostly - goes stateside.
I regret having started this thread some, lol. every year something like this happens and I quickly forget about it.
it pisses me off because I still really like 'the idea' of videogames but it's been years since any have catered to my taste.
the new MvC looks like utter shit. when did they think it was a good idea to try and make this arcade japanese franchise look like a US film/videogame?

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
when 3d graphics first became a thing - and the cg was a great deal better than the in game graphics - I often dreamt of the day when these cut scenes would be representative of actual graphics.
now I wish I could go back to the days when games felt like videogames and not films.
everything looks the same.
the wooded areas are all the same.

the dialogues are fucking horrible. I'm sick of all those SHIT oneliners - fuck humor in videogames if you can't do funny.
Itエs like the game makers try waaay too hard, they end up spoiling everything with overstatement

these are just cg sequences where you guide the action toward the next cinematographic set piece
that so far is what I'm getting from most of this (though yesterday's announced Evil Within 2 does have me salivating).

I mean who gives a shit about these overbloated, overdrawn out tech demos? the day is quickly coming when people don't give a flying fuck about shiny, impersonal aesthetics, hyper reality and whatnot
this is what you get when the business which was once Japanese mostly - goes stateside.
I regret having started this thread some, lol. every year something like this happens and I quickly forget about it.
it pisses me off because I still really like 'the idea' of videogames but it's been years since any have catered to my taste.
the new MvC looks like utter shit. when did they think it was a good idea to try and make this arcade japanese franchise look like a US film/videogame?

Im with you on this one. The obsession that contemporary videogames have of becoming films is off putting to say the least. I can't take them seriously for sure. The games, the people behind them, the corporations and the fans.

Beside a DBZ by ArcSystems Team Red, Wolfenstein and TEW2 nothing exciting in this E3 so far. Not for me anyway.
ArcSystems game does wins the show so far.

Curious about Nintendo since that might carry some Platinum Studio surprise.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'm really impressed with the added mechanics of Monster Hunter World. Also FINALLY a MH game built from the ground up for HD consoles, rather than a port of a handheld game.
On a sidenote, it's annoying to see people bashing the new DBZ game because it isn't a button-mashing mess with 120+ characters like the Tenkaichi games. :oh_no:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm really impressed with the added mechanics of Monster Hunter World. Also FINALLY a MH game built from the ground up for HD consoles, rather than a port of a handheld game.
I wonder if this game was made for PS3 or Vita originally? the graphics do not look like they should on PS4 hardware. maybe?
true say though, at last a MH taylor made for home console

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
After watching,sony E3 press conference the most that interest me is monster hunter world and spiderman.The rest i saw was a disappointment for me.Guess i was hoping for more new ips and some thing new of from software.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I saw Cuphead finally has a release date, and I'm happy I won't need to buy a bone for it. The Shadow of the Colossus remake looks gorgeous but I don't think I can buy that game a third time.

Bloodstained looks like the Rondo remake on psp and therefore makes me want to vomit #sprytz4lyf

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Best news out of the event so far is DragonBall fighters Z. I've wanted a DBZ fighting game like this since i first saw HnK. This goes beyond that dream and more. Monster hunter world should also be really good.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
*Sees Metroid Prime 4 now in development reveal in stream*

Ok Nintendo. You win. I'll buy a switch.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
*Sees Metroid Prime 4 now in development reveal in stream*

Ok Nintendo. You win. I'll buy a switch.

So pleased for the Prime fans, I'm a 2D Metroid man myself but can't grumble at the announcement. It means Metroid isn't dead!

Hoping the new Pokemon game for Switch has a fully 3D open world. Mario Odyssey though, holy shit.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So pleased for the Prime fans, I'm a 2D Metroid man myself but can't grumble at the announcement. It means Metroid isn't dead!

Hoping the new Pokemon game for Switch has a fully 3D open world. Mario Odyssey though, holy shit.

Meanwhile, F-Zero hasn't had a new game since 2004 (F-Zero Climax for GBA).

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Meanwhile, F-Zero hasn't had a new game since 2004 (F-Zero Climax for GBA).

Yeah man, I could have done with less of the Yoshi/Kirby/Fire Emblem bollocks and more Wave Race, Pilotwings and F Zero.

To be fair, Mario Kart 8 is one of the best games ever however a new hardcore F Zero would be more than welcome.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Nintendo missed a golden opportunity for a fitting name. Remember when the Switch was called the NX? Just imagine, F-Zero NX. It's such a perfect name, too bad Nintendo isn't that smart.