Ebay shipping advice

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Recently sold some old computer parts on Ebay, however one of the winning bidders messaged me on Ebay saying to ship it to a different address claiming he didn't update his shipping address.

I'm actually a bit nervous of shipping to the address he messaged if he claims to have not received will Ebay/Paypal side with him if he claims he doesn't receive it, I provide tracking but they say it isn't the Paypal address? He only has about 23 feedback so not sure what to do.

Any advice? I'm thinking of telling him to update his paypal address to the correct one but not sure if I'm imposing at that point. Thanks.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I dunno man, these days as a seller I would tell him forget it, that you will be relisting and he can try it again if he wishes.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
eBay shipping advice:

Don't. :keke:

Seriously though, let him know that you only ship to confirmed paypal addresses as per eBay and paypal policy, and if you don't mind, offer to wait for his new address to be verified. I can't remember how long it takes, but I wouldn't imagine it would be more than a week. Or, if not, just refund him and contact ebay so you can get your seller fees refunded.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is it pricey gear? If it is I would tell him to change the addy.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
yeah, have him change his address. have him with with ebay support, and make sure all communication is within the ebay messages.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
updating paypal and ebay address takes like 5 minutes... so make him change and then ship. Otherwise you are open to scammers... not to mention there is a big deal of ebay accounts being stolen and shit.

Pasky

Cool thanks, It's not a big item, was 4 Ram sticks and sold for $50. He paid with Paypal, does he need to change his Ebay and Paypal address or both? Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Just Paypal AFAIK, but might as well do both. And yeah, having him change it and relisting the item is the right way to go.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Post on ebay's FB page and they will contact you pretty quickly.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
id play it safe man, too many ppl trying to get away with stuff nowadays, and paypal/ebay always screw the seller, such a stupid system

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yeah like others said, it's pretty much seller beware on eBay these days. Don't feel like you're inconveniencing the buyer, he's inconveniencing you to go around the system.

Recently sold some old computer parts on Ebay, however one of the winning bidders messaged me on Ebay saying to ship it to a different address claiming he didn't update his shipping address.

I'm actually a bit nervous of shipping to the address he messaged if he claims to have not received will Ebay/Paypal side with him if he claims he doesn't receive it, I provide tracking but they say it isn't the Paypal address? He only has about 23 feedback so not sure what to do.

Any advice? I'm thinking of telling him to update his paypal address to the correct one but not sure if I'm imposing at that point. Thanks.

I had the same thing happen to me this week. Some little shit hacked a buyers account and tried to get me to send the item to a different address. eBay, the buyer and myself caught it, but still super annoying, especially for the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pasky

Hrmmm, He messaged me back saying he changed his primary address in Ebay and Paypal but when I use the Ebay print shipping label shit it still says the old address he had. Does it not update after the auction is won or what's going on???

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Hrmmm, He messaged me back saying he changed his primary address in Ebay and Paypal but when I use the Ebay print shipping label shit it still says the old address he had. Does it not update after the auction is won or what's going on???

I think it'll not take longer than one hour to show new address after update.
I'll double check with buyer again.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I think it'll not take longer than one hour to show new address after update.
I'll double check with buyer again.

His computer is in the bedroom.

He'll get back to you when his wife is done getting railed by another man.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
His computer is in the bedroom.

He'll get back to you when his wife is done getting railed by another man.

You guys just need to know when to stop ...............it's getting old and really annoyed........

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Serious talk for a minute though. You aren't going to just sit around and let that chump do you like that are you LS. She showed him a picture of you and he chuckled "yea this dude I can run straight over, no repercussions". You don't have to share it but you must have something planned. Please don't tell us you are just going to 'take' it.

Last edited:

Pasky

Spoke with the buyer, apparently for the buyers address to update for the auction I'd have to cancel and relist it. He said to just ship to the old address and he'll have it forwarded, so I'm just gonna do that.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

You're stuck with the old address for the shipping label, at least in my experience. Options are...

1. Manually change it when printing the label and hope for the best
2. Refund/re-buy with updated address

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow the wife jokes. We get it, she's like a door, everyone gets a good slam, and like a door knob as anyone can get a good turn.

Anyway, ebay-paypal -- NEVER ship until the address is confirmed and set on the packing slip. It was his choice to be lazy, so it's his turn to wait. If it doesn't resolve, go through ebay, cancel and relist. If he tries to spite feedback you, just call the company and let them know he tried an address bait and switch so you didn't ship it. If the label is stuck like wyo said, refund -reset it, he can re-buy it with the right address. It's his fault, not yours.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wow the wife jokes. We get it, she's like a door, everyone gets a good slam, and like a door knob as anyone can get a good turn.

Anyway, ebay-paypal -- NEVER ship until the address is confirmed and set on the packing slip. It was his choice to be lazy, so it's his turn to wait. If it doesn't resolve, go through ebay, cancel and relist. If he tries to spite feedback you, just call the company and let them know he tried an address bait and switch so you didn't ship it. If the label is stuck like wyo said, refund -reset it, he can re-buy it with the right address. It's his fault, not yours.

On a $50 item, I'd just change it manually.

If it was a $1000 Batrider board, I would do refund / rebuy.

I doubt anyone's going run a scam on a $50 item, unless the buyer is French, in which case all bets are off.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
I actually had a similar situation. Guy's paypal was in NY but wanted it to go to Ontario.

It worked out fine, but I agree it's sketchy as hell. I had a lot of communication with the guy so I felt I could win a dispute if it came to that, but then again, ebay hates people who sell apparently.
I don't get people though. Using eBay is some basic shit, but people complicate the hell out of it.