Ebaying a US PS3 20 GB system, brand new w/ Taledega Nights

slerch666

updyke,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Here's the auction. Auction requires you to be pre-approved to bid as I've seen the cluster fuck that has been eBay PS3 sales.

I bought a 60 GB system for myself last night that I pre-paid for from Gaymstop and decided to keep it. I went to Best Buy today to purchase Resistance and it just so happened they were selling 20 GB PS3s. Right place, right time.

Buy my system. Please. :D

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Be careful man, it seems that a couple members are sensitive to selling PS3s and actually making a profit. Hope you get it sold man.

hailrazer

n00b
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
slerch666 said:
Here's the auction. Auction requires you to be pre-approved to bid as I've seen the cluster fuck that has been eBay PS3 sales.

I bought a 60 GB system for myself last night that I pre-paid for from Gaymstop and decided to keep it. I went to Best Buy today to purchase Resistance and it just so happened they were selling 20 GB PS3s. Right place, right time.

Buy my system. Please. :D
Nice of you to leave it for someone who might want to actually buy it to use and not to just make a profit :annoyed:

slerch666

updyke,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hailrazer said:
Nice of you to leave it for someone who might want to actually buy it to use and not to just make a profit :annoyed:
So it was OK for the guy in front of me to get in line, buy 1, get back in line (essentially just stand there, since there was no line), buy 1 and repeat? The guy walked out with 3 systems! I walked out with one.

And it sold for ~$675. That's about $145 "profit" after tax on the system. Then PP and eBay fees it comes to probably more like $100.

Sorry you didn't get one, sorry you weren't in the right place at the right time.

If I really wanted to make money I'd have sold my 60 GB launch system instead of keeping it.

slerch666

updyke,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Highlander67 said:
Be careful man, it seems that a couple members are sensitive to selling PS3s and actually making a profit. Hope you get it sold man.

And it's people like that being the reason I listed it with approval required. ;)

It sold without a hitch so all is good.

I guess when you barely come around here you miss out on the drama.

If I score another one I'll be sure not to post about it here.

hailrazer

n00b
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
slerch666 said:
So it was OK for the guy in front of me to get in line, buy 1, get back in line (essentially just stand there, since there was no line), buy 1 and repeat? The guy walked out with 3 systems! I walked out with one.

And it sold for ~$675. That's about $145 "profit" after tax on the system. Then PP and eBay fees it comes to probably more like $100.

Sorry you didn't get one, sorry you weren't in the right place at the right time.

If I really wanted to make money I'd have sold my 60 GB launch system instead of keeping it.

Yea justify it by saying "Well other people did the same thing" :rolleyes:
That's why this world has gone down the crapper.

I fortunately DID get one. FOR MY KIDS TO PLAY.

And they're loving it.

But everybody just do what they want. I mean money is all that matters, right ?

hailrazer

n00b
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
slerch666 said:
And it's people like that being the reason I listed it with approval required. ;)

People like that ? :shame:

People who do the right thing , like passing up the other 5 I could have bought ?

What kind of place is this where people who do right are bashed for it ? :oh_no:

slerch666

updyke,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hailrazer said:
Yea justify it by saying "Well other people did the same thing" :rolleyes:
That's why this world has gone down the crapper.

I fortunately DID get one. FOR MY KIDS TO PLAY.

And they're loving it.

But everybody just do what they want. I mean money is all that matters, right ?
I did it for the money. I'm greedy and I wanted the cash. Pure and simple. My wrong was slightly less wrong than the other guy's. Whom I spoke with and he told me he scored all 6 of the launch systems Costco received because he used a connection and his "Business" account to score them. My greed limited me to 1 system, his greed was boundless.

The real problem isn't me selling it for a profit, it's people who are too impatient to WAIT that are the problem. The only reason the prices on eBay hit the $3K mark is because people want it NOW. So why not cash in?

You can also add Sony not preparing enough launch units as a culprit.

We live in a culture of capitalism. I have the supply and there are people with too much money on their hands with the demand.

I am glad the prices have seemed to drop though. Of course, come X-Mas these prices will shoot back up.

hailrazer

n00b
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
slerch666 said:
I did it for the money. I'm greedy and I wanted the cash. Pure and simple. My wrong was slightly less wrong than the other guy's. Whom I spoke with and he told me he scored all 6 of the launch systems Costco received because he used a connection and his "Business" account to score them. My greed limited me to 1 system, his greed was boundless.

The real problem isn't me selling it for a profit, it's people who are too impatient to WAIT that are the problem. The only reason the prices on eBay hit the $3K mark is because people want it NOW. So why not cash in?

You can also add Sony not preparing enough launch units as a culprit.

We live in a culture of capitalism. I have the supply and there are people with too much money on their hands with the demand.

I am glad the prices have seemed to drop though. Of course, come X-Mas these prices will shoot back up.

OK , sorry to mess up your thread.

slerch666

updyke,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hailrazer said:
People like that ? :shame:
No, people who will shit on an auction just because they are immature and angry. I saw plenty of auctions get bid way up by 0 feedback bidders. And I have to say I believe that they are part of the reason prices went so high. Most of the auctions landing in the $3000 mark landed there with help from idiots.

People who do the right thing , like passing up the other 5 I could have bought ?
No, not those people. The people I comment on above.

What kind of place is this where people who do right are bashed for it ? :oh_no:
I didn't bash you. I was "bashing" the people I comment on above.

hailrazer

n00b
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Once again , sorry for threadcrapping. I just sometime wish Eay wasn't here anymore.

This didn't happen in the Snes and N64 days.