ecto cooler? yes please.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I ran across this a little while ago, I'd love to try it out but I am too lazy

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
wasnt it rebranded and sold as something else for awhile.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
wasnt it rebranded and sold as something else for awhile.

I was first called Citrus Cooler before they named it Ecto Cooler in the 80s and 90's. The first name change was Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen then they switched it to Crazy Citrus Cooler then canned it not too long after. I know too much about this stuff because my mom would give me a box of it once a week as a treat with lunch.

I was the Nick that Matt mentioned on X-Entertainment's Ecto Cooler Bible. I didn't think that it would just be normal Orange Lavaburst, so I got a pack of Tangergreen too and saw the receipt that I got back said "Hi-C Ecto" on it. Turns out that most super markets never changed the name so it came up the same.

I've been making the recipe for a month now. Sadly I haven't been able to get the tangerine juice they recommend so I've been putting Mandarin Oranges into a blender. So it's not 100% like Ecto Cooler, but it's pretty damned close if you ask me. It's weird drinking it without the food coloring, because it comes out really bright orange.

Other then not being able to find the tangerine juice, the only thing that's a pain in the ass is the flavor mix. They recommend a website and for the flavoring it's almost 25 bucks for the Flavor-Aid. But you get 48 packs of it and that's enough for 48 gallons of juice.

I'm pretty happy with it. When it came back as Tangergreen I used to buy a box or two of it every time I went to the supermarket, now since I can't it's great to be able to make it at home. Give it a try if you liked it as a kid. It's just as good now.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nice! I drank enough Ecto Cooler as a kid to turn my eyeballs green. Gotta try this.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
A local grocery store has a few cases of Ecto Cooler in cans. They're 3 for $1.00. The shop specializes in selling goods with out-of-date promotions. . . looks like there was some sort of DVD special in October promoted on the can.

If anyone would like some, I can ship them at cost. I don't know if these things are uncommon these days, but it made me stop in my tracks.

EctoCooler.jpg

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Haha nice, wish I had a store around here like that.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Haha nice, wish I had a store around here like that.

We have one in Mesa, AZ called American Discount Store. They get shipments from other supermarkets on coded and discontinued items as well as equipment from closed up restaurants and such. The store itself is as big if not bigger than most modern super markets.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The only time I've ever had Ecto Cooler was mixed with cheap supermarket vodka at a college party. But the first time I ever saw Ghostbusters was during an end of year movie day in the 5th grade. They sure took their sweet time to merchandize this flick.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The only time I've ever had Ecto Cooler was mixed with cheap supermarket vodka at a college party. But the first time I ever saw Ghostbusters was during an end of year movie day in the 5th grade. They sure took their sweet time to merchandize this flick.

I guess you never heard of the reboot debacle...

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
A local grocery store has a few cases of Ecto Cooler in cans. They're 3 for $1.00. The shop specializes in selling goods with out-of-date promotions. . . looks like there was some sort of DVD special in October promoted on the can.

If anyone would like some, I can ship them at cost. I don't know if these things are uncommon these days, but it made me stop in my tracks.

View attachment 42621
3 for 1 dollar eh? Colour me interested. What would a six pack going to Texas cost? $2? Unreal. And do you think they'd be good to drink come October when I'm back in the states next?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
3 for 1 dollar eh? Colour me interested. What would a six pack going to Texas cost? $2? Unreal. And do you think they'd be good to drink come October when I'm back in the states next?

You will easily pay $15-20 in shipping. Liquids are not light.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
You will easily pay $15-20 in shipping. Liquids are not light.

I'll think about it. I've been in the mood for some frivolous purchases recently.