EDM n00b here - Looking for recommendations

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I normally listen to Deadmau5 with a little Tiesto or Daft Punk thrown into the mix. I am looking for recommendations on other artists or songs worth listening to.

Thanks for looking.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I normally listen to Deadmau5 with a little Tiesto or Daft Punk thrown into the mix. I am looking for recommendations on other artists or songs worth listening to.

Thanks for looking.

EDM?... Enlarged Dick Music? Extra Dire Music?

xROTx

Black IcE

15 Year Member
EDM?... Enlarged Dick Music? Extra Dire Music?

xROTx

Enlarged Dick Music is a sub genre that I need to explore, but it is growing on me.

@JoeAwesome - I am listening to Justice now and they are pretty cool. I liked Genesis in particular.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
In general if you can find artists you like, look up what record label(s) they are on, and check out other artists on those labels. If you like house music check out pretty much anything on dirtybird records. I could go on for days naming artists but the adventure is in finding what you like.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I'm a massive EDM fan, it's a huge and very diverse genre of music, personally out of the 3 you've mentioned, i like deadmau5, indifferent to tiesto and hate daft punk lol.
My recommendations, chemical brothers, fatboy slim, prodigy, underworld, juno reactor, the orb, faithless, massive attack, depeche mode, chicane, aphex twin, goldfrapp.
Two of my favourites.

cat

You know quite well what i meant trip, apologies for leaving out the, the lol.

Last edited:

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Ya if you're just getting into electronic music, definitely listen to everything and you'll begin to find out what you do and don't like. Find a genre and you dig then find artists within it. You'll likely gravitate towards one over time. Anyways if you look over to the BBC radio shows, they have great hosts and weekly shows that always play banging new beats. In all kinds of genres. Best of all no commercials! A bit of talking but hey that's radio.

If you down to check out some dnb, look up Friction on BBC1, otherwise Pete Tong's Essential Mix is also good, it's a new DJ with a new mix every week!

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Galantis
Robin Schulz
Alesso
DJ Snake
Novo Amor
Illenium - with various artist
Marshmello
armin van buuren
nora en pure
steve james
san holo
louis futon
emma jensen
3lau
Calvin Harris
major lazer - cold water

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Here's a tip: Listen to real music instead.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Juno Reactor - Goa Trance Bible of Dreams is dope
Fluke - Risotto

Black IcE

15 Year Member
I'm a massive EDM fan, it's a huge and very diverse genre of music, personally out of the 3 you've mentioned, i like deadmau5, indifferent to tiesto and hate daft punk lol.
My recommendations, chemical brothers, fatboy slim, prodigy, underworld, juno reactor, the orb, faithless, massive attack, depeche mode, chicane, aphex twin, goldfrapp.
Two of my favourites.

I have never really thought of Depeche Mode as EDM, but I can see them being included. My best friend listened to them all through high school.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno if falls into this category of music, but when I'm working on projects I like to listen to Lost years or Mitch Murder, makes me feel like McGuyver...

cat

I have never really thought of Depeche Mode as EDM, but I can see them being included. My best friend listened to them all through high school.

Most definately included under EDM black ice, it's a massive genre, being a metal head i kinda lean towards the stuff with a harder edge, you can't beat a bangin rave tune.
Best depeche mode song, behind the wheel/route 66.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If you like Depechemode and metal then perhaps you should heck out Paradise Lost. They experimented with electronic music during a few albums, specifically One Second, Believe in Nothing and Host.

They started out as Doom and turned towards Gothic music along the way but somewhere in between they experimented heavily with different styles, lately they've been mixing it up with their earlier Doomy efforts.

cat

I dunno if falls into this category of music, but when I'm working on projects I like to listen to Lost years or Mitch Murder, makes me feel like McGuyver...

Yeah close to trance/ambient, lot's of good chill out tunes under the EDM banner.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Does DJ Shadow - The Private Press count?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I'm just gonna say listen to the live stream of this station http://www.c895.org/

It's a Seattle area EDM radio station that's been around for a long ass time (46 years) and is fairly well known. I'm sure you'll find something there to your liking.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
since 1976??

who didnt like that one jersey shore show?!

Enlarged Dick Music?? thankfully the only one that grows on me is my own, works for that tho.lOl

Last edited: