Egret 2 replacement light bulb

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Looking to get a replacement for the dead bulb in my Egret 2 marquee plate.

The fluorescent tube in there was a Toshiba FL20SS EX-N 18-N.

Here's the best place I found to buy em.

http://www.cart100.com/product/9545592366/TOSHIBA_FL20SS._EX-N_18-N_Toshiba_three

Any other ideas? I don't need the exact replacement to match OEM, just a suitable lamp to thighs this bad boy up.

And for reference, here are the Egret 2 replacement starters I believe: FG-1E starters http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V4G0FU/

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Check out Batteries + Bulbs. They have various SF Bay Area locations. 300Wins and I were able to find drop-in replacements for both an Egret and a Blast City at their San Jose store.

You can check their other locations at www.batteriesplus.com

If you still can't track one down, I'll just give ya a spare. ;)

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Get the funk outta here, I'm so close to that shop. I'll stop by tomorrow! Thanks for the protip.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I hit up that store, and they didn't have anything.

My original Egret 2 bulb is 23.5" long, and they only carry 24", nothing they can order either. I think I'll just order off that site. :p

You got the model of that replacement you found? Maybe I can search for that too.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I'm pretty sure that the bulb in the Egret 2 is the same as the AWSD. And I have bought plenty of AWSD bulbs from Batteries + Bulbs. I just brought in my original and they gave me a suitable replacement. They told me if it didn't work, to bring it back and they will give a refund.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Maybe I just have a weird Egret 2 light fixture, but I can't find that 23.5" lamp anywhere! :p

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
300 and I bought a few from the SJ shop. This is one of them which fits perfectly in the stock ballast.

Strange they said they couldn't order it for you. They seemed to all have the "if we don't have it, we'll find it" attitude the times I've been there. I'd show them this pic if you don't want to risk having one shipped. They are pretty fragile.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420617316.566949.jpg

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Perfect, 580x32mm! I think that's the ticket. Thanks man.

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member
Those guy with egret 2 cab.........they are so lucky.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Something else to think about would be the temperature of the bulb.

I used a 4100K in one of my New Astro City cabs and it washed out the illuminated panel. I'd suggest between 5500k-6500k.

The whiter the bulb the better imo. Unless it's for a Blast City...then I'd suggest something warmer.