Egret II/Jamma Sound Issue?

PutmickJ

n00b
Hi everyone, so recently I turned on my Egret 2 and I seem to get a white noise style sound that is constant throughout all of my games. It occurs whether I'm in the MV1-B test menu, or whether I'm playing, it doesn't matter. I'm pretty confused as to what the problem could be as it was working just fine last week, and the sound issue is quite annoying. Anyone have this issue before and know how to solve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nerdygrrl

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I would check your grounds.

It could also be a voltage compatibility issue. Check the pinout to make sure you have the voltages needed.

PutmickJ

n00b
I would check your grounds.

It could also be a voltage compatibility issue. Check the pinout to make sure you have the voltages needed.

I get 5.05 at the +5V Pinout and 11.07 at the +12V Pinout. Those don't seem too bad :/ so I'm still pretty lost, also the crackling sound that the speakers give off only seems to be getting worse, and not better.

Last edited:

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
I get 5.05 at the +5V Pinout and 11.07 at the +12V Pinout. Those don't seem too bad :/ so I'm still pretty lost, also the crackling sound that the speakers give off only seems to be getting worse, and not better.

11.07V on the 12V is bad... Not sure if it is the cause of you issue but you really should try to adjust your PSU to 12V (+or- .20V)