Elden Ring - Finally has a trailer and release date!

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
After two years of silence and a reddit dedicated to memes about said silence.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The physics of the main character's hair makes it look like he's underwater. Is that on purpose?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Looked pretty good, not much to go on regarding gameplay in the trailer though.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I hope it's good, but more like BB/Dark/Demon Souls, rather than Sekiro. I liked Sekiro quite a bit (even tho I rage quit a few times but eventually finished it). Sekiro had really repetitive music, especially when fighting enemies.

Actually thats really the only thing I hated about Sekiro. So I take that back - it can totally be like Sekiro, just... better fighting music, or none at all.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
is this just another Soul-Like set in high fantasy with "deep complex combat" that just involves well timed rolls?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
is this just another Soul-Like set in high fantasy with "deep complex combat" that just involves well timed rolls?
SilverShockedHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
This didn't take long ;) For vattividya to make a video on the elden ring game play trailer.Soul Horses really i've heard DSII was suppose to have it so i guess elden ring has given from software the chance finally.
[video]

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Did anyone participate in the network test?

I’m really liking what I’m seeing so far based on the videos I’ve seen.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I really wanted to, but it was for like 3 hours at a time. That was just gonna be 3 hours of me getting to the first fieldboss and dying over and over so I didnt think it would be a good taste of the game for me. I wouldn't get anywhere in that 3 hours, so I didn't apply to get in.

But Im deffo excited for the game to come out.

edit: Also Vaati put up some actual gameplay footage of his network test experience:

Looks fun!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I watched Vaati’s video and a few others.

Looks really fun.

Really like then look of the gated open world and then density of the content.

Combat looks deep, lots of mechanics and options to suit all styles of players.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Yes and yes, but no.

So first off, yes - it's a souls game. If you don't like the formula you might not like this. It looks a bit more forgiving because instead of their only being single check/spawn points there are multiple. There are the standard "bonfires" where you spend "souls" and then there are checkpoint statues where you just respawn at. You can also fast travel and have a mount so traversing to get back to where you were seems much easier.

As for rolling - it honestly looks like they've opened up the play styles a bit more. You can use a shield and block (and get successful counter attacks from that), you can parry attacks, and you can dodge attacks ala rolling.

I dunno man, I haven't really cared for a Souls game since the original Dark Souls (I did enjoy Demon Souls but quit because I didn't really "get" the formula at the time) and I'm absolutely hyped for this game.

DS2, DS3, etc I progressed in but just kinda quit because I got bored.

It looks like there is a lot of cool stuff to do in Elden Ring. Breath of the Wild meets Dark Souls?

Magic looks great this time around and they've added a lot of stuff from other souls games that its really looking like you can make a unique character.

Watching the Network test has got me pretty excited.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have beat Dark Souls 3 since my last post and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Three weeks until release.

Fortunately for me on the west coast I get to play at 9pm on the 24th.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wonder how secure elden ring online will be given this happen to the pc version of DS1,2 and 3.
Dass why you play offline bruh.

I was never big on MP in Bloodborne. I'd try to find the Bell Maidens as quickly as possible and shank em so I wouldn't have to worry about invaders.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Elden Ring on console will be fine which I'm sure is where the majority of their customers are. That's a terrible exploit, however.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
What’s the likelihood of a last second delay?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Dass why you play offline bruh.

I was never big on MP in Bloodborne. I'd try to find the Bell Maidens as quickly as possible and shank em so I wouldn't have to worry about invaders.
I missed my jolly co-op then :rolleyes:.Though really when i do get elden ring it will be on consoles but i guess the most the pc version will be screwed.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In ER it looks like you can’t be invaded unless you accept an invasion or you’re in co-op.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Psyched af for this but I always wait for the dlc to be out and the eventual goty type edition. So I've probably got like another year at least.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Remember when you could buy a game and play it less than 5 hours after you bought it.

You need faster internet.

But yes. That said, games usually go gold 30 days before release or so. Makes sense for the devs to work on patches during that time.

Day 1 DLC is what is bullshit.