Elden Ring official discussion

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Consecrated Snowfield does hold a few secrets I originally missed.

Fuck invisible enemies for real real.

HormheaDD I want to warn you that the ultimate boss of the Halig Tree is a god damned ho. Good luck.
You need the sentry torch to make them visible.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
You're probably going to want to avoid greatswords (and slower) for Malenia fight. Like with Sister Friede, you're going to want to inflict stagger and bleed when you can, and run away when she winds up for big attacks or combos.
Yeah I got a +25 uchi. Did pretty good, but I didnt realize this bitch can heal herself with each attack. I got her down to like 30% pretty quick with my uchi and +10 mimic, she hadn't transformed. But I looked up to attack her, then looked back down at the health bar and it was like 75%. wtf. I don't have the fly swarm spell. Well, I have it but I cant use it because I dont have enough Arcane. Tried poisoning her but it either didn't take, or shes immune.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Yeah I got a +25 uchi. Did pretty good, but I didnt realize this bitch can heal herself with each attack. I got her down to like 30% pretty quick with my uchi and +10 mimic, she hadn't transformed. But I looked up to attack her, then looked back down at the health bar and it was like 75%. wtf. I don't have the fly swarm spell. Well, I have it but I cant use it because I dont have enough Arcane. Tried poisoning her but it either didn't take, or shes immune.
Stagger+ bleed. She has low poise, even at high difficulties, she is one of the hardest bosses in the game.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My main gripe with Malenia is just that one attack she does. It’s bullshit and if you’re a half second too slow, you’re done. Gotta GIT GUD at dodging it (or be a tanky great shied user.)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Some parts are gank city (usually dlc) but there are a lot of viable good meta PVE builds. Especially when you throw power stancing into the mix.ADP sucks as a stat for roll invincibility but I like the fact lower equip weight means faster stamina regen (not just at 70%, 50% etc) and more granular.
Hey spergspergspergy-sperg sperg? Yeaa? U r 100% powerstancing for a viable good meta FAG build

Bleed is where it's at, re-spec'd last night with my first Larval Tear at SL 58, and put it all in Vig, Dex, and Arc. Will rely on talismans and great rune to wield heavy weapons & use simple magic if needed. Blood Uchigatana & Blood Wakizashi

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Your ass is smoked and put out on the street, so you're either a cigarette or a whore

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
If you get stuck on her try using Black Knife Tiche.
Still don't have that guy. I have Luthel at +10 too, was gonna try to use him but I screwed up and got megaraped in the first 20 seconds and I had to head to the store lol.

I've tried cheesing her (yeah sue me) and I can get her to her 2nd phase with nearly 0 hit perfection (not counting 100% blocked stupid-attacks) but the 2nd phase, even with said cheese can still one-shot yo azz.

The cheese I'm using is jumping onto that branch behind her, you gotta walk really slow up this branch but somehow it glitches out and you shoot up real quick but juuuust shy of the needed height to land on the branch. So right after you shoot up into the air you cast Agheel's Flame and it lifts you just enough to land on it. Then you just spam swarm-o-flies. But the landing is buggy. If you try to jump out of the way for her attack to miss, you get stuck in a falling animation for about 20 seconds and then you die. Kinda shitty.

But I just wanna get past her.

Also, I unlocked the shortcut elevator reeeeeally early in the level when you get down to the city, lol. You have to get in the left/bottom corner of the elevator shaft, and just fall to your death. You will die, but your body will hit the trigger and unlock the lift lol. I did it, but didn't go down the lift, I wanted to see what else there was.

I got pretty far, to one grace away from the grace right at her door. Then I tried the lift to see where that led and it led right where I was lol. Pointless but cool.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Still don't have that guy. I have Luthel at +10 too, was gonna try to use him but I screwed up and got megaraped in the first 20 seconds and I had to head to the store lol.

I've tried cheesing her (yeah sue me) and I can get her to her 2nd phase with nearly 0 hit perfection (not counting 100% blocked stupid-attacks) but the 2nd phase, even with said cheese can still one-shot yo azz.

The cheese I'm using is jumping onto that branch behind her, you gotta walk really slow up this branch but somehow it glitches out and you shoot up real quick but juuuust shy of the needed height to land on the branch. So right after you shoot up into the air you cast Agheel's Flame and it lifts you just enough to land on it. Then you just spam swarm-o-flies. But the landing is buggy. If you try to jump out of the way for her attack to miss, you get stuck in a falling animation for about 20 seconds and then you die. Kinda shitty.

But I just wanna get past her.

Also, I unlocked the shortcut elevator reeeeeally early in the level when you get down to the city, lol. You have to get in the left/bottom corner of the elevator shaft, and just fall to your death. You will die, but your body will hit the trigger and unlock the lift lol. I did it, but didn't go down the lift, I wanted to see what else there was.

I got pretty far, to one grace away from the grace right at her door. Then I tried the lift to see where that led and it led right where I was lol. Pointless but cool.

Black Knife Tiche is in the Evergaol in the Ranni questline area.

OmenKiller Rollo is good if you can burst her down fast.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Black Knife Tiche is in the Evergaol in the Ranni questline area.

OmenKiller Rollo is good if you can burst her down fast.
Didn't realize I could get to that gaol from the Ranni quest. I went and picked him up, but didn't have time to try and fight Melania.

Do you know what the spirit spring next to the gaol is for? I used it and all it did was just make me jump really high and land right back next to it lol

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Didn't realize I could get to that gaol from the Ranni quest. I went and picked him up, but didn't have time to try and fight Melania.

Do you know what the spirit spring next to the gaol is for? I used it and all it did was just make me jump really high and land right back next to it lol

Yes, there is one of those “Rise” buildings near a grace in the Ranni area that you need to solve a puzzle to get in. You have to kill three giant beasts.

The air jump thing is related to that. I only had to kill one of the giant beasts for the rise to open for me which is apparently a glitch.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Melania is dead. I thought there was something else you had to do to her flower after she died. I already got the needle from Millicent near that little lake rot area after killing Melania, took it to Gowry (killed him to get his bearing) but Melania's flower is still just a flower.

Am I missing something?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Melania is dead. I thought there was something else you had to do to her flower after she died. I already got the needle from Millicent near that little lake rot area after killing Melania, took it to Gowry (killed him to get his bearing) but Melania's flower is still just a flower.

Am I missing something?

I thought you could interact with the flower?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I thought you could interact with the flower?
Yeah I seem to remember something like that. You get something from Millicent I think. But I got the needle from her already and didn't get anything else from Gowry.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
If you follow Millicent's questline and choose to beat her in a duel when she invades you, you get a pretty good talisman.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I seem to remember something like that. You get something from Millicent I think. But I got the needle from her already and didn't get anything else from Gowry.

You helped Millicent after you beat Malenia? I wonder if you needed to help her first.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I already beat the Millicent invader in the swamp before I even met her, was that a bug?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
You helped Millicent after you beat Malenia? I wonder if you needed to help her first.
Hmm. maybe? I know she wouldn't appear there in that area until you beat that ulcerated worm thing, and I did that after beating Melania. Maybe that's it.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

Am I missing something?

You can take the needle to a secret area in Farum Azula to prevent the frenzied flame ending... if you want to.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
You can take the needle to a secret area in Farum Azula to prevent the frenzied flame ending... if you want to.

Ok I do remember reading something about that needle 'freeing' you from that ending. As far as I know, I'm not on that path.

But I could have *sworn* something happens with Melania's flower.

Also, there's one thing that I have to admit is actually way overpowered lol. If you use a shield that can parry (with the blue effect, whatever its called) and put it together with the wraith calling bell - as long as that shield is powered up, it fucking SHREDS shit. It shreds shit on the level that Black Knife Tiche's red attack shreds bosses.

Im talkin CHUNKS of life off.