Elden Ring official discussion

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
And that HP bar seemed to decrease so, so slowly when I fought her, lol.

I briefly considered just starting another NG run and doing magic and Comet Azure, etc, but then I watched a few of those videos like that where people just melted Malenia via Bleed and thought hell yes, that looks like the way to go.

My tradition of accidentally doing a shit-tier build on my first playthrough in Dark Souls games continues, but I gotta admit it's incredibly satisfying to fix it on the next run.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
And that HP bar seemed to decrease so, so slowly when I fought her, lol.

I briefly considered just starting another NG run and doing magic and Comet Azure, etc, but then I watched a few of those videos like that where people just melted Malenia via Bleed and thought hell yes, that looks like the way to go.

My tradition of accidentally doing a shit-tier build on my first playthrough in Dark Souls games continues, but I gotta admit it's incredibly satisfying to fix it on the next run.
IMO any of the souls games, the first dry run is the hardest, you don't know what weapons/armors/ect is out there, so you have to do the best you can. At least most of them you can respec later. My first elden ring playthrough was definitely the most difficult of all the souls games for me.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Why is our search so fucking broken, I had to go to google to find this thread. @jro I should have just bumped the Souls-Like thread.

Anyway, Elden Ring PvP arena update is out:

So starting from I think he previous patch FromSoft has quietly been balancing weapons in PvE and PvP differently, so some of the stuff that used to be OP in PvE but were nerfed for PvP might be viable in PvE again.

I like that there are multiple modes and it's not just all duels.

What's the agreed upon level for Elden Ring PvP? Might be fun just to level a PvP build.

Last edited:
Reactions: jro

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Why is our search so fucking broken, I had to go to google to find this thread. @jro I should have just bumped the Souls-Like thread.

Anyway, Elden Ring PvP arena update is out:

So starting from I think he previous patch FromSoft has quietly been balancing weapons in PvE and PvP differently, so some of the stuff that used to be OP in PvE but were nerfed for PvP might be viable in PvE again.

I like that there are multiple modes and it's not just all duels.

What's the agreed upon level for Elden Ring PvP? Might be fun just to level a PvP build.
I think this is the first time From has balanced PvP and PvE separately maybe? I've never been much into PvP in any of the proper From games for whatever reason. The multi-player versions, like you mentioned, sound more appealing to me than just getting my ass handed to me in duels.

Seems like there'd be more variability than ever by quite a bit given the higher variety of builds in ER.

I also appreciate that From didn't put it behind a paid DLC this time but still has a reasonable barrier to entry in that you have to find and unlock the arenas in-game.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Oh shit I'm going to have to learn how to play again.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Christ that world is so huge, what else are they gonna add to it.

Instabuy.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Maybe I'll actually be finished with the main game by the time the expansion comes out lol.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wonder if the DLC will be accessible to games that are in NG+. My main guy is on NG+1. If its anything like Bloodborne's DLC then it would be hard as balls on NG+, so a new toon would need to be started. Ive considered that but the game is SO. DAMN. BIG. I was like "eh I dont have the energy.."

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wonder if the DLC will be accessible to games that are in NG+. My main guy is on NG+1. If its anything like Bloodborne's DLC then it would be hard as balls on NG+, so a new toon would need to be started. Ive considered that but the game is SO. DAMN. BIG. I was like "eh I dont have the energy.."

I’m sure it will be. I have beat the game but didn’t roll over to NG+ yet in preparation of a DLC on my main character. Unless every boss is as tough as they whore Melania.

As for where it could take place? Who knows - perhaps we’ll go through a portal ala Dark Souls 1.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Oh shit I'm going to have to learn how to play again.

Same lol. Depending on the structure of the DLC I wonder do I create a new character or use my main one I haven’t played in ages.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Dark Souls’ DLC in which you got a new cut scene upon fighting (old) Sif if you had previously met young Sif in the DLC was great. Poor girl. I always felt bad killing Sif.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It didn't take long for vaatividya to make a video about it either.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Have to stay relevant to get views and thus money.

I fully admit I watched the video already, lol. Be neat if there was some exploration of Miquella. As I understand it there was a lot of cut content/unused content surrounding him in the game files.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
No trailer? No other info? No release date?

Whatever. Even though I was disappointed in Elden Ring overall, I have kept my post-game character in NG waiting for DLC/expansion to hit because I do not want my first time to be against BS inflated hit points and damage.

In the meantime, I do co-op for end game bosses since I play offline in my own game until finished.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

Just power level to over rune level 200 and you should be fine.