Empire State Building shooting

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Shooter killed one person (his target), the resulting injuries were from the gunfight between the shooter and two LEO. Not sure whose bullets hit who but it's highly probable some of the injured were shot by those LEOs accidentally. Sounds like it may not have been safe for those police to discharge their weapons, but at the same time what the fuck are they supposed to do?

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Yeah. I guess it depends on if any civilians were in danger from the perp's gunfire at that point. Otherwise, maybe they shouldn't have fired until it was safe to do so. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to discharge their firearms if they don't have a clean shot.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah. I guess it depends on if any civilians were in danger from the perp's gunfire at that point. Otherwise, maybe they shouldn't have fired until it was safe to do so. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to discharge their firearms if they don't have a clean shot.

That's a basic safety rule for fire arm use.

SamSpade

n00b
Well, the cops shot him dead...eventually. Nine wounded seems like a high number, I saw the video, it didn't seem that their target was running around doing zigzags. At least it sounds like they'll all recover according to the latest articles.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
The people injured were struck by police fire, all non life threatening, most were struck by ricoche'd bullet fragments. That part of the city is really really crowded during business hours it must have been chaos, with that many people were caught in the crossfire.

The last shooting in midtown happened last year, some guy was running away from a detective through times square firing a mac10. It jammed and the guy was taken down with 1 shot. No injuries.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Maybe the police there should try to equip themselves with weapons that they can actually use? The animal people don't have a problem firing tranquilizer darts in the corner of an intersection to get a bear. Just saying...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Maybe the police there should try to equip themselves with weapons that they can actually use? The animal people don't have a problem firing tranquilizer darts in the corner of an intersection to get a bear. Just saying...

This post really doesn't make sense.

Have you ever been in a gunfight?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
What good is a gun if the officer can't just use it when he needs to?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
All of them carry, mostly glock 19's. Shootings are unfortunately rather common, just not in broad daylight in the midtown section.

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Here on reddit an alleged NYPD officer discusses the firearm "training" that the average LEO in NYC receives.

http://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/yxx0w/nypd_officer_ama_all_questions_regarding_12lb/

One part to note is that the issue guns all have 12 POUND trigger pulls. W-T-F?

Very interesting read. You'd think they would have much better training considering how crowded that city is. Of course training takes money, and that money would probably come from pay cuts unfortunately, and then instead of training they'd all be on strike. How do you pay for the adequate gun training of what amounts to a small army using city funding?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Isn't the starting cop wage in NYC Like 24k? Anyone know?