RP3uSFA.jpg

Edit: more pics
sD8Ecxa.jpg
P52RoT0.jpg

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yep, very common on lots of the soft case games. Had that for a magician lord too, plus a top players golf. I can't remember which one it was but one of my carton case games had a square cut label too - looked fake for sure, but quick check on here and it was legit too. They made the games for jpn and stuck the english labels over as an after thought as internally there's no difference.

SNK weren't exactly kings of quality control.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I have quite a few carts like that. It's normal. Wish they would have left the Japanese insert/manual in there too, LOL.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I restored it to its JPN beauty

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I think my NAM-1975, Magician Lord and Top Player's Golf carts have double labels, very original. They're more amusing left like this, a fond reminder of those glorious early Neo Geo days.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yes, very common. Owned a Sengoku once which had a Japan label underneath.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
it's also common with MVS carts.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I bought a replacement copy of Baseball Stars Professional a few weeks ago and it had the same thing. Thanks for starting this post.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Man, gotta check if my copy has the double label, that would be a nice touch :) Only cart I have like that is my MVS Samurai Shodown IV. All other have single or replacement labels.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
My copies of The Super Spy and Nam1975 are both like this. I thought it was hilarious when I noticed it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
My Magician Lord and NAM-1975 have the double labels.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes, is common in the first games releases on the system, i bought a NAM 1975 that had double label too.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I just checked and both my Magician Lord and NAM-1975 have the double label. Gotta flip them on the bay!! :D

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
My shodown 1 is like this. Weirdly the front of the case is missing the 3 sides so it opens like a book cover if that makes sense. I thought the sides were cut off but it looks completely natural and there are no signs of damage.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Whoa that's pretty neat. Wonder what other games out there had the double label?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Whoa that's pretty neat. Wonder what other games out there had the double label?

I think the older ones have a higher probability, like NAM and Magician Lord. Maybe Cyber-lip, Baseball stars and Ninja Combat? Also, English editions seem to be the ones that have the Japanese label underneath, the opposite seems to be rare (if at all).

Regards.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
so it basically seems like overstock in Japan relabeled and sent over to the western market.