Eric "ECM" Mylonas passed away...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Just found out Eric "ECM" Mylonas passed away on January 13th.

https://www.spartareport.com/2018/01/weekly-gaming-tech-thread-67-in-memoriam-fellow-spartan/

I've known this guy personally for years as a friend and editor from Gamefan Magazine. This fucking sucks so god damn hard.

He was always on my friend's list on my consoles and we spoke often from time to time.

Words cannot express how hard this actually hit me.:(

Before I met him he was always my goto guy on Gamefan Magazine for shumps info plus he loved the Genesis as much as I did.

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
Damn! So sorry to hear. I used to talk to him briefly online right after he was done with Gamefan and went on to try and get the Game Go! Mag up and running. He was a very cool guy. Easy to talk to. So sorry.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Dude, this is horrible to hear, he was one of the many goto guys at Gamefan. That magazine was WAAAAY ahead of it's time and it was dude to guys like him. He will be missed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

He had an incredible knack for understanding politics and culture, being the sharpest person I’ve ever met in that regard. He was the first person I knew who was on the “Trump Train”, convincing me of his merits early on.

What a goddamn shame that politics has to make it into a man's obituary.

Gamefan was a great mag for its high quality pictures.

Sorry to hear this, BonusKun.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
You have my condolence BK,damn gamefan was one of my favorite magazines in the 90's to.Beside the fact i like how well the mag cover imports etc and gave really good coverage for the saturn.Yeah i forgot he even did work on some of the guides for prima.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I didn’t know the fella...but i loved his work. DHGF was the best gaming mag to hit the scene. RIP.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That sucks. Sorry to hear it bro. Gamefan in my eyes was the best mag out there. I held a subscription for years.