Evercade thread

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They do have the bad habit of picking the lesser versions of games. It's all about what they have licensing for and which emulators they are most comfortable using, and I don't think they've developed an internal Neo emulator at all.

I can confirm that Final Burn Neo runs just fine on it though...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Oh shit y'all, N64 emulation coming to Evercade with Piko Collection 4:
Bad Street Brawler (NES)
The Fidgetts (GB)
Glover (N64)
Mermaids of Atlantis: Riddle of the Magic Bubble (NES)
Risky Woods (Genesis)
Sküljagger: Revolt of the Westicans (SNES)
Star X (GBA)
Street Racer (SNES)
Target: Renegade (NES)
Zero Tolerance Underground (Genesis)

Did not expect to see that.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Glover uses a lot of buttons for camera control. I can see why the VS and EXP added more shoulder buttons (compared to the original handheld) as they'll definitely be needed here. Hopefully the analog to d-pad conversion works ok in this game. Worst case scenario, eh it's Glover does anyone really care.

Last edited:

KGRAMR

Another Striker
I thought I'd just give it the ol' college try but with save states. But no, I'm using an FAQ to finally finish this mofo 20+ years later. I refuse to get the bad ending.

View attachment 69222

Well, that was....lackluster
I do wish that a prototype for Lynx Dracula showed up someday. The game was intended to be in a larger ROM size before it was reduced, leading to additional content being cut from the game.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Oh shit y'all, N64 emulation coming to Evercade with Piko Collection 4:
Bad Street Brawler (NES)
The Fidgetts (GB)
Glover (N64)
Mermaids of Atlantis: Riddle of the Magic Bubble (NES)
Risky Woods (Genesis)
Sküljagger: Revolt of the Westicans (SNES)
Star X (GBA)
Street Racer (SNES)
Target: Renegade (NES)
Zero Tolerance Underground (Genesis)

Did not expect to see that.
I do recommend You giving Street Racer a chance if You like Mario Kart-style racers. How odd though, i thought Ubisoft was the owner of the IP since they published it back in the day...

Jbrodack

n00b
They do have the bad habit of picking the lesser versions of games. It's all about what they have licensing for and which emulators they are most comfortable using, and I don't think they've developed an internal Neo emulator at all.

I can confirm that Final Burn Neo runs just fine on it though...

They generally try to use the best version of games available at the time. I've heard neo geo isn't available became they'd have to license the bios. Same reason the cart with speedball 2 only had console versions. Now they have an agreement for the Amiga bios but at the time they didn't.

So it's not necessarily what emulators they are comfortable with but what emulators they are allowed to use. If you're coming from Chinese handheld emulators that can be a bit of a surprise. N64 was the main case where they needed to do a lot of work on the emulator (and the rom used) cause any out of the box emulator would just be too slow on the hardware.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Evercade cartridges are literally SD cards with a proprietary pinout, and the original system could already read at least 512 GB cards. Marketing is funny.

Instead of this "new" hardware that's not really new, can they make some carts that are actually interesting? The last cart of note for me was Toaplan about a year ago. C grade 16 bit games and ancient Eurojank doesn't do it for me.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The Evercade cartridges are literally SD cards with a proprietary pinout, and the original system could already read at least 512 GB cards. Marketing is funny.

Instead of this "new" hardware that's not really new, can they make some carts that are actually interesting? The last cart of note for me was Toaplan about a year ago. C grade 16 bit games and ancient Eurojank doesn't do it for me.
This

They keep picking the bottom of the barrel (probably because licensing is dirt cheap) and then making a one-off cart like Tomb Raider that probably costs them more money in terms of IP licensing.

Just give me the Apogee classics collection already! Not really, I'm over it it anyway.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Just give me the Apogee classics collection already! Not really, I'm over it it anyway.

Yeah, the only reason I really keep the thing around now is to play the arcade carts on the VS but I couldn't tell you the last time I actually used it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Yeah, the only reason I really keep the thing around now is to play the arcade carts on the VS but I couldn't tell you the last time I actually used it.

Yep - I got pretty far in Goodboy Galaxy, so I keep my VS for crap like that. But yeah, dust gatherer

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The only differences between the EXP and the new EXP-R:
-the R has a new textured grip back
-the R doesn't have the built in Capcom games because the licensing agreement is over
-the R doesn't have mini HDMI
-the R is cheaper

The VS-R is just a new color.

So yeah, no reason to bother with either of these if you already have the VS or EXP.

One thing they announced that I do like is a grip that the system slides into for TATE mode so vert games are more comfortable.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner

I was excited for about 30-seconds for Galaxy Fight until someone reminded me there was a PS1 version.
I actually dont mind it for ounce as a Sunsoft fan, the Galaxy Neo Geo version was ported just everywhere at this point.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
1713456887159.png

giphy.gif