Evercade thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I didn't order a console from them but the game I ordered from them came fast. Sucks that it took forever for you.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Yeah, all I ordered was a few games. All were listed as in stock when I put in the order. I could deal with the long time with shipping, but the fact they can't even be assed to respond to an email. You just get an automated message that says someone will be in contact with you.

Everyone has bad days so maybe things fell through the cracks. I don't know but we'll see how it goes next time I order from them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Got the home console finally.

Having a good time so far, but as I was warned, Centipede and Millipede control like monkey ass on a d-pad, joystick, or analog stick. Missile Command is perfectly playable but not the others.

They really, really need to release a trackball and spinner combo for Centipede, Millipede, Warlords, Breakout, Pong, Missile Command, and hopefully Tempest sometime down the line.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Sadly, any of the spinner and trackball games are suck to play with the included controller.

I kind of wonder if someone could rig up an ipac or something to run a spinner or trackball.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If anyone is looking for certain carts, sometime this week Songbird is finally getting a restock of:
Renovation Collection 1
Jaleco Collection 1
Gremlin Collection 1
Codemasters Collection 1
Atari Arcade 1
Gaelco Arcade 1
Technos Arcade 1
Data East Arcade 1

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Sadly, any of the spinner and trackball games are suck to play with the included controller.

I kind of wonder if someone could rig up an ipac or something to run a spinner or trackball.
I don't think Evercade games are coded to recognize analog inputs at all. There are lots of usb thumbpads and joysticks that work just fine on a VS console (though analog sticks either convert to digital or do nothing), but usb spinners/trackballs/mouse don't do anything.

Compatibility list: https://evercade.info/vs-controller...=rss&utm_campaign=vs-controller-compatibility

Atari Arcade 1 is especially bad about this. Only a small percentage of the games feel playable at all.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They could add trackball/spinner support with an update pretty easily. It's just a matter of whether they'd be able to sell enough of them.

Maybe they could do a bundle with another Atari Arcade cart. Tempest would be a good one to bundle with.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
If anyone is looking for certain carts, sometime this week Songbird is finally getting a restock of:
Renovation Collection 1
Jaleco Collection 1
Gremlin Collection 1
Codemasters Collection 1
Atari Arcade 1
Gaelco Arcade 1
Technos Arcade 1
Data East Arcade 1
Renovation collection is what made me think about getting a VS.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
FTOM1_3WUAEoir7

famicommander

15 Year Member
Gonna take a wild guess and say one of the carts is Atari Lynx volume 3. The Songbird guy owns the rights to several more games and he said last summer he was considering a third cart if the other two did well, and I assume they did since he's still selling Evercade stuff on his own site.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Gonna take a wild guess and say one of the carts is Atari Lynx volume 3.
I wouldn't say "no" to that. I'm hoping they announce Namco Museum compatibility with the VS, because 2 is the only place to get Splatterhouse 2 and 3 legally these days, which is odd given how Namco's properties get around.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I wouldn't count on anything on the Namco front. If those are two of the four carts that they had to discontinue it stands to reason that they're probably not making too many deals.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say "no" to that. I'm hoping they announce Namco Museum compatibility with the VS, because 2 is the only place to get Splatterhouse 2 and 3 legally these days, which is odd given how Namco's properties get around.
You may know someone with the hardware to update those carts to work on the VS.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
[...]because 2 is the only place to get Splatterhouse 2 and 3 legally these days, which is odd given how Namco's properties get around.

Any idea if 3 is the same revised ROM used in the Splatterhouse 360/PS3 reboot, or is it the original Genesis ROM?

famicommander

15 Year Member
I really appreciate the carts that are full of homebrew/indie games I never would've played otherwise:
Indie Heroes Collection 2
Megacat 1 and 2
Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood (I bought Xeno Crisis on Neo CD but never heard of Tanglewood before the Evercade)

Upcoming carts:
Morphcat Collection 1
Indie Heroes Collection 2

There are even some indie 2600 games on the Atari collections, like Yars' Return.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Funstock has a 2nd anniversary bundle for 700 bucks. Comes with:
-Home console
-Handheld console
-4 controllers
-Carts #1-24 and arcade carts #1-4

Doesn't actually seem like that much of a discount but if you feel like getting all the released stuff at once, there ya go I guess
BeautyShot_f4a17fb8-ef3b-4611-8558-102a271fa212.jpg