Everdrive GBA Group Buy

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If you want portable NGPC on a better screen, buy a PSP for $50.

Ooh you know what? Neo Turf Masters for NGCD would be great on the PSP for the extra course. Definitely going to have to try NGPC on it too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The Neo CD emulator was fantastic iirc. The only limitation was the crap dpads on the earlier psp models.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just wanted to report that pocketnes doesn't support the VRC7 mapper. So you can't get the awesome music for Langrange Point.

booooo :(

*edit: Also MMC5 isn't supported, so the Castlevania III expanded audio doesn't work.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm not a pro on this, but I think the 2000 is the one to go with.

3000 is the all-around best except for one small detail. The LCD screen's pixels are aligned horizontally by color, so it gives it this barely noticeable scanline-like effect. It's more notable on some games, like the Metal Slug collection.

Master System and Game Gear runs really well on the GBA. The resolution is pretty close so scaling isn't a big issue unlike the NES scaling.

Nice job on the white backlit modded GBA!
You might consider installing a glass screen like on mine :)
IMG_20160909_194752.jpg

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Nice job on the white backlit modded GBA!
You might consider installing a glass screen like on mine :)
Actually I had a glass screen when I originally did this mod, but as I can see on yours, because of the added thickness of the SP LCD it pushed out the screen at the bottom. The original plastic has enough bend that it doesn't separate from the housing so I kept the original on.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Actually I had a glass screen when I originally did this mod, but as I can see on yours, because of the added thickness of the SP LCD it pushed out the screen at the bottom. The original plastic has enough bend that it doesn't separate from the housing so I kept the original on.

It's not the SP LCD that's doing that, it's the double sided tape I used to install it, and me being too lazy to properly fix it in place with a proper adhesive that won't push out the screen cover half a mm, as you can see from the pic, the "pop up" is only happening in the lower left corner.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Hey T, I forgot to post up that I got mine a few days ago; I just posted feedback. Thanks for letting me join in the buy, everything went smooth, and the X5 is awesome!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Yeah, the horizontal pixel alignment is what I was referring to. I thought this was a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
alright lets help the retard here...with the update I've got the pocketnes to work just fine, but when I download the smsadvance and extract it I'm greeted with a ton of items. What do I need to do after extracting?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
alright lets help the retard here...with the update I've got the pocketnes to work just fine, but when I download the smsadvance and extract it I'm greeted with a ton of items. What do I need to do after extracting?

Drop the smsadvance.gba in the gbasys folder...

Make a sms folder on root for the roms.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Drop the smsadvance.gba in the gbasys folder...

Make a sms folder on root for the roms.

That is exactly what i did with the pocketnes, but after I extract the smsadvance.zip there are all kinds of file endings (.c, .h, .s) but there is a smasadvance.ajp? Do I just need to rename it?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, the horizontal pixel alignment is what I was referring to. I thought this was a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

I actually quite like it. They produce a very scanline-like quality to the image.
Feels like a CRT almost.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that was helpful, and hell I've been out of it so long I didn't know there was a NGPC GBA emulator! SWEET. Damn you people !! Very much tempting me into just buying another flash kit and I swore off the things. I can already see filling out one with my current NES, GB, GBC, GBA, GG libraries, then throwing the TG16/CDs I miss on it and now NGPC too.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
So those gba files under the GB folder? I accidentally deleted them, so goomba won't work. Anyone want to shoot me a PM with those files so I can get my GB on? I'd appreciate it.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So those gba files under the GB folder? I accidentally deleted them, so goomba won't work. Anyone want to shoot me a PM with those files so I can get my GB on? I'd appreciate it.

Sending PM now.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So i just got the GBA, does anyone have a link i can download to just drag & drop to an micro SD card for all the goodness.

This one is no longer working.

I got you. PM me your Google account and I'll share them through drive.