EVO 2015 who is going?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
ill be running the KOF XIII side tournament... is anybody else going? i know the vegas crew used to take their systems and what not for classic gaming... anyone?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Sorry I'll just be watching from home. A few buddies and I get together and watch this every year.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Would love to but I'll be away on business that weekend. Definitely plan on going one year. My days of being a competitive player are LOOOONG past me but I'd love to go just to meet people, get shitfaced and cheer like an idiot on Sunday.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I went a few years back when Fuudo won. It was a lot of fun, but these days I just watch from home.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
well, if I go. gimme a pic and I'll hunt him down T-1000 style.

t1000-e1384718837444.jpg

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I'll be there this year. Undecided on entering the KOFXIII side tournament considering I haven't been keeping up with the game, but I'm always willing to play Garou with anyone.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
I'll be there all three days - just going for fun with my wife. Looking forward to roaming around and seeing some good matches. Anyone know of some good places to get games in?

... and playing as much SF5 as humanly possible.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'll be there, competing in Ultra SF. If they put up another Soul Calibur HD Online side tourney again, I'd love to join that as well.
Wanted to join the Tekken 7 tourney, but I haven't put much time into any Tekken game for a little while now. If only it came out on home consoles before this year's EVO... :(

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Serious question... Will Lenn be there?

Well if he is, it isn't to compete in any of the main tournaments. Just did a search of the pool brackets, and didn't come up with anything. Unless he registered under a different name...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well if he is, it isn't to compete in any of the main tournaments. Just did a search of the pool brackets, and didn't come up with anything. Unless he registered under a different name...

See if he's there under Team Desperation Move. IIRC, they were the same group that sponsored the guy that won the SFIV tournament with Gen that one year...

Jon

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Lol, at search for Lenn. What would you do if you found him?

Suplex?

Level 3 super?

KeeeeeeeeeeeeyBoooooooooooardWaaaaaaaaaaariorzzzzzz

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'll be there, competing in Ultra SF. If they put up another Soul Calibur HD Online side tourney again, I'd love to join that as well.
Wanted to join the Tekken 7 tourney, but I haven't put much time into any Tekken game for a little while now. If only it came out on home consoles before this year's EVO... :(

Woo evo, better take your silent stealth uber stick...the sound of silence...lol.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
...and you're still gonna get gotten...lol.
Keep on poking.

I've watched EVO every year since it's inception and have finally decided to attend this year, at least this once in my lifetime.
Looking forward to meeting some forum peeps, perhaps finding some merch/gaming gear, and even just be there for the hype.
(I'd like to play some Pai Gow Poker too while I'm there)

Sure I'll get bodied. I'm in no way even close to the likes of some of the "pro" players out there. Plus most of these young players have at least 15 years on me, quicker reflexes, and probably know every frame-count statistic there is to know.
I play these games for fun, not for cock-measuring, EG.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh, you know I aim to please. I'll stop poking when I stop running into your hipster ass.

I like to play competitively and yes, I do like to measure, it's the whole idea behind fighting games, always trying to improve and always giving it all you got. I mean what the fuck do you think a tournament is for anyway?

Edit Note: Most douchesters are more worried about their arcade hardware matching their shoes than the skill they bring to the competition. Wish I could go and learn a thing or two from the top dogs but at least I got XBL where there's plenty of good competition. HDR at Evo was an eye opener for many, all the top dogs got crushed by online players...lol. Maybe the top dogs needed more time with the game but hey, do your homework.

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Oh, you know I aim to please. I'll stop poking when I stop running into your hipster ass.

I like to play competitively and yes, I do like to measure, it's the whole idea behind fighting games, always trying to improve and always giving it all you got. I mean what the fuck do you think a tournament is for anyway?

Edit Note: Most douchesters are more worried about their arcade hardware matching their shoes than the skill they bring to the competition. Wish I could go and learn a thing or two from the top dogs but at least I got XBL where there's plenty of good competition. HDR at Evo was an eye opener for many, all the top dogs got crushed by online players...lol. Maybe the top dogs needed more time with the game but hey, do your homework.
Hipster?! Who the fuck are you calling a hipster? It was civil till this point, EG, but you done crossed a line bro.
For the record, I actually like you, aside for the shitty drug-enraged reactions to people disagreeing with your ignorant ass.

As for fighting games, I do play for the competition, and the fun of mind games, mix-ups, combos and shit like that. And while yes, the point of tourney's is to compete, I don't let it get to my head by thinking I'm a better or worse person than the next man. It's called humility. Look it up in-between your next toke/line/hit/bump/re-up...etc.

Plus there's more than just competing that surrounds these competitions. There's the community, the selling and trading of goods, and just a great culmination of fighting game players getting together to enjoy the passion. Like any other games convention.

You wanna throw down with me, I'm game anytime. But I play on PC...and am on the west coast. I stopped playing on XBL ever since my last 360 RROD'd. Screw that POS hardware.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like how you open with a rhetorical question...Woo, I crossed the line, oh noes what am I to do, brah?!

lol, you're taking it to heart this time around but hey it's ok, I sorta like you too when you're not making douche like posts but your stupid talk about douchebag shit parts and top it with "I'm competing at the SFIV Ultra tournament" To later backpedal and say "Oh I'm just there for the fun" and now "Oh I'm humble". Talk about a cluster fuck of opinions about your role in the fighting scheme of things. You're not humble for shit, your demeanor isn't humble, your posts aren't humble, clearly you don't know what humble means but hey keep on preaching your bullshit. I know when I need to be humble, but I'm not gonna let you talk like a douche and not say anything about it, it ain't happening, it's too much fun to get you all worked up over dumb ass shit.

You got the RROD, lol, too bad. If you ever have a chance to play some XBL let me know 'cause I'd love to know what you are made out of, so far you're just a fart on the wind. So misguided, so hip...

Edit: Come to think of it, I'd like to know what you think I'm ignorant about. I don't jump into a subject without knowing what the fuck I'm talking about but let me see what you are referring to or are you just retaliating empty handedly?

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
whats' wrong with going to a tournament, playing the game seriously to the best of your abilities, but not worrying about how well you do? I feel that's what opt was saying, I could be wrong but that's what I got.

I'm probably one of the worst fighting game players on this forum, yet I still go to the KOF tourneys at astrodan's place, I give it my all, and usually fail, but I have fun. that's what I care about.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I apologize, EG. You're right. Normally I keep things chill, but today I'm feelin' some type of way. Must be the heat, and the wild-fire smoke we've been inhaling for the last week.
I'll try to keep my posts less douchy.

And I know you don't really care, but actually, this is my 3rd RROD. When my first 360 died, I ended up buying a fairly cheap second-hand Elite version from a co-worker, thinking that the Elites might have been built better. Nope, the video started glitching out on that one after about 6 months. Then I was given my 3rd (White arcade version) 360 from a buddy of mine, for free, so that I can continue to play Ultra online with him and the rest of our friends. It didn't last long either. Then when the PC version's lag and match making problems were fixed, we all migrated over.
Sucks to leave my PP and BP points on XBL, but screw it, SF5 is coming soon... and I have all of those RPG's you like to play through. ;)

But anyway, lets be friends EG. If you were coming to EVO this year, I'd definitely toast a beer (or three) with ya and throw down on some games. :cool:

whats' wrong with going to a tournament, playing the game seriously to the best of your abilities, but not worrying about how well you do? I feel that's what opt was saying, I could be wrong but that's what I got.
Yeah that's really what I meant. I'm just happy to go this year, I know I'm not going to get out of pools, for sure...but I hope to surprise some people with my Blanka play.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man no worries, you have nothing to apologize about. It's all good, I'm just pulling your chain, you know, NG.com dramarriffic bullshit, nothing more. We're in a forum and we're bound to disagree with one another from time to time, I know you're a good guy, don't let bullshit get to you, I know it's easier said than done sometimes but don't let it bother you.

If I could go to Evo I would but I'm busy with work this time of the year, however if you ever get your XBL on hit me up, I know the statistics are bad for the X360 hardware but they're getting cheaper and cheaper and the slim ones are really decent. I also had a RROD on my 1st 360, sent it in got it fixed under warranty and forward 5 years later or more it still going strong, I also have a JP 360 so far so good and then I bought one of the slim ones during my Miami winter vacation just so I could stay on top of my game in XBL. I'm an HDR player mostly but I can play other stuff as well.