Fallout 4.....why the hype?

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Quincy? Gunners fucked that place up something fierce.

I finally got Benevolent Leader early this morning. That perk is probably the worst thing about the game, but since I've decided that I have to platinum this one, it had to be done.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
shits bugged. everybody in sanctuary now tries to kill me after the latest update.
and no, i didn't save after doing my melon video and killing that guy with the fatman.

Karma is a bitch :keke:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Been in Michigan for the past week and I'm starting to have withdrawls. I will say that I'm at the cusp of blowing this game wide open. At this point I can take out a small army of mutants and raiders just by standing back with my silencer pistol and poppin' off. Kellog's pistol is by far one of the best guns in the game, especially as you power up the pistol non-automatic perk. I think when I get back home I'm going to start working towards beating the game. I just picked up Mercenaries for the PS2 plus I want to get to some TG16 games.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I really dig the atmosphere of Dark Souls, that's what drove me in, specifically the Bosses intros, I just felt that I need to be in this battle kinda feeling, is Demon's Souls atmospheric like that too or is it a bit more mundane? I really don't like the dorky look the faces have though but that's a small matter as it's a third person view anyway so it's only a problem in very little dosages. I wonder why is it done this way like Morrowind, it's such a horrible look but the rest looks great...love the music score too, and I'm a big fan of game plus runs as long as the game levels up in difficulty so I think this will be fun, although it only levels up twice if I'm correct, I've been researching the shit out of this game but didn't bother to look at the prequel, an oversight for sure, I'll start digging...

Remember to play it as Chakan, buddy.

Though I think Bloodborne's pace and aesthetics might go over better with you

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Remember to play it as Chakan, buddy.

Though I think Bloodborne's pace and aesthetics might go over better with you

Cosplaying as Chakan the Forever Man in Dark Souls and making elaborate YouTube videos about it might be the nerdiest thing ever. I love it.

Chakan is a way harder game though.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
160 hours in about 50 days and I'm done for now. Got Brotherhood, Institute and Railroad endings. My first platinum trophy ever.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Finally beat it after 160 hours of gameplay and doing as many sidequests as I could find.

I'm really bummed about how they did the endings. There really is no truly good ending, and all involve you completely screwing one or more of the factions over.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Finally beat it after 160 hours of gameplay and doing as many sidequests as I could find.

I'm really bummed about how they did the endings. There really is no truly good ending, and all involve you completely screwing one or more of the factions over.

All ending slides are pretty much the same shit except for the first sentence and picture.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
All ending slides are pretty much the same shit except for the first sentence and picture.

Correct, but I was referring more to the final story missions along with the small related quests once the main quest is completed.

The actual slideshow ending itself is very meh.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I only did the insitute ending. Was with the brotherhood till getting the warheads from the glowing sea mission, then decided to ally with the institute. Used giant robot to shoot their airship down and everyone was happy. Also killed the railroad but didn't do anything to the minutemen. Honestly I have no desire to play this game anymore.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I'm going back after I'm done with Xenoblade X. There's a ton of shit I haven't seen and of course the expansions will be coming out, too.

I figure I'll enjoy it more when I'm not trophy huntin' as well.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
At level 50 and I decimated the brotherhood. I saved it at a key point so I could get the other endings.

I wanted a but of a challenge but I think I spent too much time dicking around. I'm a beast in this game.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
You can always raise the difficulty level.

I played 3 and NV on Very Easy and 4 on Easy :p I felt so cheap in NV, so I decided a long time ago to bump the difficulty whenever the next one showed up. It didn't take long to get over the hump though, so to speak.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So are all the factions in this game fanatics?

I allied with the institute and just finished their final storyline, defeating the railroad and brotherhood.

When you ally with the brotherhood and/or railroad do you take a similar path? Just destroying the other two factions.

I'm kind of disappointed with the main story arc.

Can you tell all the factions they're faggorz?

Makes me wonder how the DLC will play out now - given that there were seemingly so many different factions you could join up with. I thought the Brotherhood of Steel DLC in F3 was fantastic.

Last edited:

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
So are all the factions in this game fanatics?

I allied with the institute and just finished their final storyline, defeating the railroad and brotherhood.

When you ally with the brotherhood and/or railroad do you take a similar path? Just destroying the other two factions.

I'm kind of disappointed with the main story arc.

Can you tell all the factions they're faggorz?

Makes me wonder how the DLC will play out now - given that there were seemingly so many different factions you could join up with. I thought the Brotherhood of Steel DLC in F3 was fantastic.

Yikes! That has me worried. I got around 60 hours in and decided to take a break. I was worried that the story would be terrible so i'm hoping that the dlc that comes out with compliment the game. Seems I just might as well go and finish it if thats the case.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The main story is pretty darn short, honestly. And you know what? It's too powerful of a story that, in real life, you wouldn't follow till the end and ignore everything else in the process. But, that's not what happens in this game. My SON is missing, you bastards. No! I won't help out with settlements and dressing like a radio serial hero and fight crime, etc. The side quests are both what make this game awesome and absurd at the same time.

It's a great game and I really liked it, but the insane amount of side quests that pile up are idiotic when, in actuality, you would ignore all that 100% just to find your son; which takes like 10 hours to do.