Far Cry 3 anyone?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Got this a few days ago and having a blast. It's similar to Far Cry 2 in that its up to you how you go about traversing the world but I think it's got a bit more direction and purpose. Jungle setting is much more interesting to explore and the terrain has great diversity but also a bit of mystery to it with WW2 bunkers, cannons, relics etc.
The one thing I really like is the ability to do silent takedowns and the AI line of sight dodging, in FC2 I felt like once you let off a shot you had no way of hiding from the enemy. You can have a fire fight and run off into the jungle and if you're clever enough you can throw off your trail!

I've only got a geforce gtx 560 ti and Im running ultra settings at 1366x768. Haven't had a low fps moment to speak of either. Good to know you don't have to have THE best rig to play it in it's proper glory. Ive only got a small lcd display at the moment so once I get around to getting a bigger one I'll try my luck at higher resolutions.

Anyone else getting into this one?

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Looks like a great game. But after BL2 and Halo 4 I've had my fill of FPS games for awhile. With Alien: Colonial Marines and BioShock Infinite releasing within two weeks of each other in February next year I don't want to burn myself out on the genre right now. I was 50/50 on buying Far Cry 3 until I read/saw that the online co-op isn't that great.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Can enemies still take an entire clip of ammo before they die like in 2?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Every game gets better with setting things on fire. Is that even better with 3? Can you still damage the terrain and buildings?

Curt

apostate
Can enemies still take an entire clip of ammo before they die like in 2?

Most enemies are reasonable.

There are these big behemoth guys in masks that take alot of ammo to kill. And I went head to head with a Tiger and he took almost a whole clip to kill.

SSS

neo retired
The game is fun, but I don't know what happened to attention to detail. It seems like there's only 10 lines of audio for the pirates that repeat over and over.

"Shit, burns when I pee"

" whore gave me the clap"

"Fuck it's hot"

"Can't wait to get off this rock"

A few others maybe. Same goes for the other islanders.

All the voice acting must have gone over to assassins creed 3.

Also, stuff that gets destroyed restores itself. There's a mission early on when a large building collapses in spectacular fashion.

Later on I stumbled on what looked like the same building in perfect shape. Also there's a mission where you burn some pot fields, then blow up a boat nearby. There's a checkpoint inbetween. I destroyed all the pot, then went to the boat and died. I respawned on destroy the boat part, all the pot had magically grown back.

Yeah, the game world is huge. But these gripes should be obvious fixes.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bros, it's called a magazine.

Not a clip.

Also, really looking forward to grabbing this game when the price drops. Seems like fun but not something I would be totally engrossed in.

SSS

neo retired

Not a clip.

Also, really looking forward to grabbing this game when the price drops. Seems like fun but not something I would be totally engrossed in.

Dude, the games got Cassowaries that'll maul your face off

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
By no means is this game perfect but I'm satisfied that its better than the 2nd title. I really like how nature is an enemy combatant. I've yet to try lighting up the jungle, but Im willing to bet the fire is magnificent!

Curt

apostate
Finished it tonight on PC on Ultra.

I give it a 9.2 (campaign only, I hear the multiplayer kind of sucks)

Although last night I had a crippling save issue where my computer crashed and It lost my saves until 8 or so hours prior (The nights gaming). It was pretty brutal. But it could have been worse other people have lost their whole save. It happened because my computer crashed WHILE it was saving. (Not good)

Anyways, yeah the fire and explosions are definitely good. The ending(s) were satifying enough, although not perfect by any means.

Overall I liked it because the damn Jungle was so immersive, that towards the end of the game, jumping off buildings, chaining kills you really feel like the ultimate jungle warrior badass. It's been marketed alot as "Skyrim with guns" and I always thought skyrim with guns was...fallout 3/nv. So I'd rather say it shares alot in common with fallout, although fallouts leveling is much more in depth, but FC3 its more "badass"

The best parts of the game were the drugged out scenes. And I think there should have been a sex scene with the girlfriend. (You'll see why)

Great game. If you wanted it at full price you probably already have it. If you see it on sale, snag it. It's a good time. Took me around 40 hours. I dreamed of it last night, kind of a nightmare really. I was on a never ending mountain with never ending streams of bad guys I had to kill and stab... it was bizarre.

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member

Not a clip.

I meant stripper clip:D. I respect your knowledge on the subject Sir.