Fatal Fury Embers

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
So it looks like Fatal Fury Embers has been cancelled. They released this ten minuet video as the complete movie which is obviously either rehearsal shots or clips they did for that music video. But it looks like this is it in its entirety of the final product. When it was announced I was very excited considering I love Assassins Fist. But it is what it is.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thank you for posting this Ip Man.
It’s a shame it didn’t get to live up to its full potential as a fan film.

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Thank you for posting this Ip Man.
It’s a shame it didn’t get to live up to its full potential as a fan film.
It did seem promising when first announced. But judging by this video, the actors are pretty bad. I mean the actor playing Terry sounds and acts a bit too feminine and that krauser is just laughable and looks nothing like krauser. So even if they did manage to finish it, I think it would of most likely ended up being a flop anyway.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So I skimmed through this and... wow.

It's really terrible. It honestly reminds me of the Amazing Bulk.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
So I skimmed through this and... wow.

It's really terrible. It honestly reminds me of the Amazing Bulk.
:lolz:

I honestly think these were just rehearsal takes or shots filmed for the music video, Or i'm hoping at least. I think the actual filming never took off due to lack of funding. But those actors aren't right for the part either way.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
:lolz:

I honestly think these were just rehearsal takes or shots filmed for the music video, Or i'm hoping at least. I think the actual filming never took off due to lack of funding. But those actors aren't right for the part either way.
I last heard from Jason regarding the project back in 2018. Regarding production, he told me that they were still working on various scenes back then and that editing was still underway. However, delays stacked up over time and the budget was an issue.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I last heard from Jason regarding the project back in 2018. Regarding production, he told me that they were still working on various scenes back then and that editing was still underway. However, delays stacked up over time and the budget was an issue.
Oh wow there you go. So you know the guy behind it, BN?. So these are actual scenes from what was going to be part of the movie then. I knew budget was an issue once all the updates stopped coming in. Oh well. It is what it is. on the bright side we will always have the animated movie.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Oh wow there you go. So you know the guy behind it, BN?. So these are actual scenes from what was going to be part of the movie then. I knew budget was an issue once all the updates stopped coming in. Oh well. It is what it is. on the bright side we will always have the animated movie.
Yeah I was the executive producer for the project and am such a huge Fatal Fury fan (especially the Fatal Fury 2 anime) that I really wanted to see this get off the ground like the Street Fighter Assassin’s Fist series did lol

Jason shared that passion for Fatal Fury and tried to bring it to fruition but alas, in the end, it just wasn’t meant to be.

Indeed :buttrock: I rewatch those Masami Obari films all the time lol
Keep On Calling

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Yeah I was the executive producer for the project and am such a huge Fatal Fury fan (especially the Fatal Fury 2 anime) that I really wanted to see this get off the ground like the Street Fighter Assassin’s Fist series did lol

Jason shared that passion for Fatal Fury and tried to bring it to fruition but alas, in the end, it just wasn’t meant to be.

Indeed :buttrock: I rewatch those Masami Obari films all the time lol
Keep On Calling
You was the executive producer for Embers?. Wow you was more involved in it that I'd ever thought. But yeah I would of loved a full Fatal Fury Movie that resembled Assassin's Fist at best or the Japanese Neo Geo commercials at worst. But who knows, maybe Embers was the fuel that sparks future interests and possibilities for a live action Fatal Fury movie.