Fatal Fury/Garou Game will be a ‘Very Big Release’ for SNK; Will Focus on Single-Player

ritsuka66

n00b

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Will this be a proper Neo game or some current-gen bullshite?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Maybe they will go to the art of fighting style of energy management.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think what they mean by a focus on single player is probably more along the lines of a heavily story driven, maybe FF send off type experience. The FF games always had a bit more going world building wise as opposed to say KOF or even AOF. Obviously there would be a VS mode, c'mon they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot...or would they?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
There's rumors that Capcom's upcoming SF6 will have an extensive single-player experience, free roaming around Metro City. What little we've seen looks kind of like Konquest Mode from Mortal Kombat Deception, except in the city. Kind of a 3D beat 'em up with RPG elements. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Fatal Fury rumor is in response to that. And maybe it's my bias, but I think Southtown is a much more established and fleshed out environment than Metro City.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
There's rumors that Capcom's upcoming SF6 will have an extensive single-player experience, free roaming around Metro City. What little we've seen looks kind of like Konquest Mode from Mortal Kombat Deception, except in the city. Kind of a 3D beat 'em up with RPG elements. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Fatal Fury rumor is in response to that. And maybe it's my bias, but I think Southtown is a much more established and fleshed out environment than Metro City.

Yeah, their motives are pretty transparent.

Major Garou 2 proto images emerge, Twitter starts talking.

Extremely minimal hype reel is released, fans talk more.

Another extremely minimal SFVI video shows up, there is talk of crazy massive one player mode to affect stay at home losers/Namco fighter fans.

Talk of Fatal Fury having a quest mode also starts up…

As opposed to the 90s when you saw screen shots of Garou in Neo Geo Freak and 10 weeks later it was out, a nearly perfect game that was never updated and never got any DLC and is still loved today.

Twitter feedback is a shit way to build a game. Don’t pay attention to talentless ota who have never created a thing in their lives.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Whatever they do, I give them credit for trying to evolve the single player experience from their standard arcade mode cutscenes of just some pictures and text.

Time will tell if it's good or not, but I have faith it will be since this is clearly a passion project for Oda and SNK.

If they pull something off like SF6 is doing, that would be huge.

I still think that they should release a Neo-Geo style MOTW2 with development farmed out to DotEmu or someone, at least as a side project. Same deal as the 8-bit games they did for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night as a fun add-on.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
SFV-era every fighter was being designed as an eSports title, usually to the detriment of the gameplay. Nice to see meaty singleplayer as the new trend.