Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition...revisited

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
:buttrock: Any reason to feature Fatal Fury Wild Ambition is good enough for me.

LordCollector

New Challenger
Have this on the Hyper along with the two Sam Sho games. I admit I hardly play the Hyper but it is a good underrated system.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I actually enjoyed the game. I liked the PS1 version as well. It was different enough to be almost a totally different game.

LordCollector

New Challenger
I like the Hyper even though it doesn't have an extensive library. I heard they were more prevalent in Japanese arcades way back when once upon a time. I guess American arcade tastes are different so it really didn't pick up stateside. I have no qualms with the 3 fighters that I have for it--FFWA and the two Sam Sho games. It would have been nice to see the Hyper's true potential if SNK supported it and came out with a larger library for it. Definitely an overlooked and underrated system if you ask me.

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Looks cool. Too bad SNK didn't port any of the hyper neogeo games to the dreamcast, probably could have done ports that were closer to the arcade quality rather than the downscaled or re-imagined versions of Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown we got on the PS1.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
FFWA is a great game, if only it was a little faster and without the moon jumping.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
oh! did i miss this video?
yeah. this one holds up very well. I had this on the PS1. I had a rough time with the 3D at the time compared to the 2d sprites, but i think it holds up amazingly well. The floaty jump a product of VF for sure. I just saw Dunkey do a video on Tekken, and it reminded us that Tekken 1 had the exact same floaty jumps.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Even though I never played the hyper 64 version, I still enjoyed playing the PS1 port of it.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have only played the PS1 port, and I like it. Clunky but it has a certain charm to the early days of 3D games.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I should still have my copy of FFWA for the PS1 around here.
I like it well enough.
Never played the HNG64 version.
Only ones I ever did get to play were SS and Roads Edge.