Favorite Game Genre (yet another poll lulz)

Favorite genre of games

• Total voters

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
It's rather hard for me to pick a single favorite because there are quite a few games I love that span across multiple genres. I love beat em ups, I also like shmups and platformers. I'd say if I had to pick a single one, it's probably platformers.

Forgive me if I left any out.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Pasky let me have the dubious honour of being the first to moan WHERE'S THE LIGHT GUN GAMES lol.
I'll go with shooters in it's absence.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fuck, I forgot fighters too.

LOL, your poll is a bit limp ;)

At home: shooting
Arcade: driving - I really enjoy a sit down driver like Outrun or Sega Rally the most.

Last edited:

cat

What about those greasy dating games that the japanese go for, what genre does that come under???.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
used to love rpg's and adventure games like zelda and skyrim, but no longer have the patience to sit through them. but i have never lost my interest in fighters. and i love my platformers. was playing the revenge of shinobi, shinobi 3 and sonic 1 the other day :buttrock:. if i have to pick one, i guess it has to be fighters.

cat

Talking about sim's bogard, Densha de go anyone ??? any fan's of driving a train, keeping on time and pulling up at a certin spot at the platform (not me by the way).
Seperate genre or do you bunch all the sim games together ???
Same for hardcore flight sim's.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Chose beat 'em ups, but love shooters also. Streets of Rage has to be the series I have finished most times in my life followed closely by Metal Slug series, however I suck less at brawlers than shooters.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Chose beat 'em ups, but love shooters also. Streets of Rage has to be the series I have finished most times in my life followed closely by Metal Slug series, however I suck less at brawlers than shooters.

i could play streets of rage at any given time. i find that i'm always in the mood for some street of rage. the first two are probably my favourite beat em ups of all time.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
favorite like most enjoyed? anything when I was still young? could I pick one genre I enjoy more than any others now... no. I need no mohogamy of game type! its gotta change. only wanting zelda to have that wiiu 2015 one come out right now tho.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Pasky, leave the polls to the pros like Troy.

Turn-based strategy all the way.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My brain says I should select RPG / Adventure, but i couldnt tell you the last time i finished one of those games.
Skyrim is probably the closest thing.

You need a category for games that i play on the toilet.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've gotten shitloads of enjoyment out of rhythm games, they make for a real high score chaser's paradise ala shmups and tough retro games (which I also enjoy).

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Beat 'em ups by FAR!

Double Dragon is the first arcade game I remember playing and I clearly remember when I was only 6 years old, my stepfather bought us an IBM 386 and it had the shitty PC port. I remember playing it every day and thinking it was the best. Then I played Final Fight arcade and it progressed from there with all the awesome Konami titles.

I've slowly been amassing a nice PCB collection lately. I still need to find a decent Double Dragon.

... and I'm glad you didn't call them "brawlers"...:annoyed:

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I can get into almost any genre but if I had to choose one, it'd be fighting games.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Zelda, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Shemue, and if you consider RPGs a subgenre of Adventure games, all the better :)