Favorite Game Genre (yet another poll lulz)

Favorite genre of games

• Total voters

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So Europeans call all fighters and scrolling fighters (beat 'em ups / brawlers) - beat 'em ups?

Yeah, that's confusing. In Australia it's a mixture of both beat 'em ups and brawlers to define the "scrolling" fighter.

I've always just called them beat 'em ups. People know what you're referring to over here when you refer to them as that.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So Europeans call all fighters and scrolling fighters (beat 'em ups / brawlers) - beat 'em ups?

To be precise, Europeans used to call versus fighters beat'em ups and brawlers sidescrolling beat'em ups. But these were ancient times, like the 90's. Besides, our own German denotations were accurate to the English ones, i.e. Fighters were called Kampfspiel (Kampf = Fight) & Brawlers Pruegelspiel (Pruegelei = Brawl).

So, if there was any confusion, then due to the language barrier and not a cramped perspective on different genres. I suppose, that other foreign language countries had their own notations, which were also precise. It would be good to know, how native Japanese call those genres.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
it would, I'm sorry Oli, I overreacted. It's nothing to fuss about.