Favorite Nintendo 64 Game Non-first-party nintendo?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ogre Battle 64.

That was the reason I bought the N64, not because of any of the 3D stuff.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I got a N64 during release date & i never bought 1 game for this system. I did rent a couple of games & none of them was worth remembering...I think Superman 64 was the only thing i remember from this shitty system, actually i take that back, Goldeneye was awesome party game...

I gave up on this system until my friend bought me WWF No Mercy. Game was just as good as Fire Pro 6 Man Scramble. Other then that no RPG & no quality fighters

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Not counting games ported from other systems like RE2 and MM64.

-Gambare Goemon games. Rented the first one and was blown away. Liked it better then OoT in many ways. The 2nd was great too. My two favorite N64 titles.
-Almost anything by Rare: Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2. Didn't like DK64, never played Conker.
-Mischief Makers: One of the first N64 games i'd ever played and still one of my favorites. Really fun and quirky 2D platformer.
-Penny Racers and Snowboard kids are (outside of DKR and MK64) the best racing games on the system.
-Doom 64 and Turok Rage Wars are (again outside of PD and Goldeneye) the best FPS on the system.
-Wrestlemania 2000, WCW vs NWO and WCW vs NOW Revenge. Back when we used to crowd around the TV and play well into the night. So much fun.

Out of Sega, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft I think the N64 is the worst mainstream console ever produced. The N64 was the system I picked that gen and I was/am quite bitter that it got almost none of the great games the PSX and Saturn were getting at the time but I do have some great memories with the few games I did enjoy.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Doom 64 and Killer Instinct Gold (does that count?) Oh I almost forgot Rush!

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Easy MK Trilogy and ISSS64

I liked DKR > MarioKart64, that's just me though....

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone ever play Knife Edge? I always wanted to despite the reviews.

Fuck you guys except kidpanda for not mentioning Mischief Makers. You have to beat the big bad by turning bad thoughts into good ones! So cool. I love that game. I never did get all gold diamonds, I was missing just one.

South Park Chef's Luv Shack is probably the funniest game I've ever played. I doubt the humor would get me now, but in 5th grade? That shit was golden with a few friends.

Four controller ports, Nintendo got that design choice right, at least.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. The Cerebral Bore anyone?!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. The Cerebral Bore anyone?!

i had no idea wtf i was supposed to do or where i was supposed to go in that game.

but, because i got that for christmas, i lied to myself, saying i enjoyed it, while using cheats to skip to different levels and get all the weapons. a fake happiness.

i just remembered i really liked gauntlet legends.

Mac91

10 Year Member
I think it was the multiplayer that did it for me.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
i just remembered i really liked gauntlet legends.

Gauntlet Legends was great, whether on arcade, N64, or Dreamcast. I still play that game with friends occasionally.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was packing some stuff for the move over the weekend and I found my WCW Revenge cart. Awwww yeahhhh. I'm pretty sure I still have Disco Inferno as the Champ.

Best game to me was Rogue Squadron I think, although Rogue Leader on Gamecube made it more or less obsolete.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Winback: Covert Operations was a good one, for anyone looking for a Metal Gear/Syphon Filter type of game with stealth and action.

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Favorite N64 games off the top of my head in order:
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark - This game was great but it just came out a little late and at that time me and my friends were to use to the Bond levels.
Turok Series
Winback
Side note: Sin & Punishment looked amazing but never played it for the 64 since it was an import title.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

Fuck you guys except kidpanda for not mentioning Mischief Makers. You have to beat the big bad by turning bad thoughts into good ones! So cool. I love that game. I never did get all gold diamonds, I was missing just one.

South Park Chef's Luv Shack is probably the funniest game I've ever played. I doubt the humor would get me now, but in 5th grade? That shit was golden with a few friends.

I said Mischief Makers ya dingus

J. Max

judas,
Not one single vote for Space Station Silicon Valley? That game was great...

Mac91

10 Year Member
Oh my god, I just fucking forgot about Bomberman 64!! That's a game I played A LOT OF. I haven't played it since the turn of the century; I haven't even youtube'd it.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Hey mofucka I mentioned Mischief Makers.

Yeah the 4 controller port thing is always a plus in my book. Nintendo understands this. Sega got it right with the Dreamcast, Microsoft got it right with the Xbox1 and Sony got it right...for a little while at least with the PS3.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Bomberman 64 (first and second one)
Bomberman Hero
Goldeneye
Mickey's Magical Tetris
Mischief Makers
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (what WWF Wrestlemania 2000 was in Japan)
Sin and Punishment
Mario Party
Rayman 2

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Goldeneye & anything else made by Rare (except the disappointing KI Gold)
Sin & Punishment
Body Harvest

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I loved all of these listed, but some not mentioned:

Shadow Man
Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.
Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA
Rampage
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (easily the best tony hawk game)
Castlevania
Snowboard Kids

Oh and 1080 was amazing.

N64 was really one of my favorite systems and has a lot of great memories for me.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Blast Corps and Doom 64 are top of the list.

I'd really love to get a Blast Corps sequel somehow as the game was criminally underrated....but I do recall it being difficult.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Blast Corps and Doom 64 are top of the list.

I'd really love to get a Blast Corps sequel somehow as the game was criminally underrated....but I do recall it being difficult.

Main game was not that hard, but getting all golds was challenging...and getting all platinums....well FUCK ThaT

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Conker's Bad Fury Day

Edit: I suppose Rare counts as first party since they were under Nintendo's umbrella back then.

In that case, Sin & Punishment.

Last edited: