Favourite Neo Geo sports game

bitterblueben

New Challenger
Neo Drift out I guess does then so must Riding Hero and thrash rally. Good call i forgot about BTG/NTM:)

bitterblueben

New Challenger
Darn the Neo has so many great sports games! And don’t forget off beat ones like football frenzy, Super Baseball 2020 and how about (If you have a briefcase full of notes, for the English version anyways. Stakes Winner:)

bitterblueben

New Challenger
Windjammers for me:) Neo Turfmasters wow always loved that game. Does Neo Turfmasters on the NGPC count for this thread or are we home carts only

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Does Neo Turfmasters on the NGPC count for this thread or are we home carts only

It's your thread, your rules.

Neo Turf Masters is untouchable, though Windjammers probably provides the best multiplayer experience. Honorable mentions to Neo Drift Out, Baseball Stars 2, and Super Sidekicks 3.

I want to like Street Hoop more than I do. I feel like I'm missing something. Football Frenzy is unforgiveable trash.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Street Hoop is pretty good once you realize how to play the CPU rubber banding in your advantage. I wouldn’t give the time of day in the past but now I really enjoy it.

Favorite is Neo Cup 98 (Super Sidekicks 3 but SNK forgot to enable cheaty cheap AI stuff back in basically).

Neo Turf Masters, (for obvious reasons), Windjammers, (likewise) Ultimate 11, (although I haven't not enjoyed any iteration of Super Sidekicks), and because I only have the first, Baseball Stars Professional, (I know everyone prefers the sequel). International Football is the only sport I care for, for what Its worth.

Hans

In my bathroom I pee sitting. No splashing
Goob of the Year
Neo turf masters no question

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Neo Dirftout
League Bowling
Baseball Stars 2

Windjammers is a given of course for the at least for vs single player not so much.

Last edited:

bitterblueben

New Challenger
I know sports games are great in multiplayer but how about single player, the best sports titles i mean. I could play Windjammers against the CPU on my AES for hours and not get bored, same goes for Dunk Dream/Street Hoop darn the music on that game is so cheesy but the tunes stay in your head all day🙂

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Super Baseball 2020…or League Bowling, one of those two. I absolutely love Neo sports games in general.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Hello to all

I wondered what your favourite Neo Geo sports game was. We have the likes of Windjammers, Dunk Dream, League Bowling, Baseball Stars 2 etc…
Gosh, I never would have known they were sports games... I don't think I've ever seen a thread like this before either, it's sooooooo original. Refreshing even.

As I cannot pick a KoF game, I will have to go with Dunk Dream.