Favourite soup flavour

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Short circuit informed me that a can of soup was a meal in itself. This was bullshit, but I do still enjoy a can of soup every now and again as a lunch accompaniment perhaps.

I tend to go for pea & ham or broccoli & stilton. I actually prefer them unheated.

What flavours am I missing out on?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Chili

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

StevenK

10 Year Member
Chili

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

How am I supposed to help lonesage out with this kind of shit if people are going to make thread derailing comments?

I know your struggle sage.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Clam Chowder or gtfo. Preferably served in an edible bowl made from sourdough bread. Shout out to San Fransisco. Cream of mushroom is a passable substitute only to hold you over until you can get Chowder.

Minestrone is probably about the closest a soup gets to living up to the claim of being a meal in and of itself.

Chili, obviously, is not a soup, otherwise it would be the clear winner.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Probably minestrone if I'm trying to be somewhat healthy. If not, a thick cheddar and bacon is good. And tomato with a ton of sour cream and cheese is excellent.

OP, I heard if you crumble crackers into a soup, it can be a meal.

Well, is it a consommé?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Short circuit informed me that a can of soup was a meal in itself. This was bullshit, but I do still enjoy a can of soup every now and again as a lunch accompaniment perhaps.

I tend to go for pea & ham or broccoli & stilton. I actually prefer them unheated.

What flavours am I missing out on?

i made a pretty good beef and vegetable soup using beef rib meat. my favorite has always been french onion though.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Split pea with ham.

Dunno how to multi-quote in tapatalk; combine STK mentioned bread bowl, and fill it w/ Pea Soup Anderson’s Split Pea soup...and you will be hella full.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Curry miso with soba noodles. Not gonna get that in a can though.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Cream of mushroom or broccoli on a thick cut piece of toast.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Instead of carving the pumpkins this year I made roasted pumpkin soup. Tasty.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Vegetable beef and chicken noodle are my favorites. I only eat the canned stuff, can't stand homemade for some reason--conditioned by the food industry to want highly processed I guess.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Cream of mushroom or broccoli on a thick cut piece of toast.

This is interesting. Does your toast not float to the top? How thick is your soup?

P.s. chowder doesn't seem to be a thing here so I won't get to try half of the suggestions, which is disappointing.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
This is interesting. Does your toast not float to the top? How thick is your soup?

P.s. chowder doesn't seem to be a thing here so I won't get to try half of the suggestions, which is disappointing.

I pour the soup over the toast on a plate, and I do let the soup thicken first.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm quite concerned that Steven is living in some alternate universe but crossing over to post on n-g.com. An alternate timeline where interests go on resumes and soups have flavors (or even flavours).

I have never once heard someone ask what flavor of soup they want. Flavors are for ice cream.

Also chili is not soup.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Cereal with whole milk.

I missed this, most subversive answer in the thread.

My honest answer is either condensed tomato soup with grilled cheese (american slices on white bread pan fried in mayo) if I'm feeling 5 or probably a really good French Onion soup.

Either Broccoli Cheddar or New England Clam Chowder in a good bread bowl also sounds great when its cold.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Borscht. Easy. With some good sour cream.

Same here. Specially great on cold days.

Plus classic beef broth, minestrone and that super nice hot Thai soup with coconut milk, mushrooms and chicken, always forget the name. Dim Sum? I dunno... but I love it a lot.