February 2021 SOTM: Raiden IV

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 11,721,270 - PC (Overkill, Arcade)

Beelzebub - 11,721,270 - PC (Overkill, Arcade) resized.png

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
gusmoney - 7,066,380 - PC (Overkill, Arcade)

hyGoYfzl.jpg

gusmoney

10 Year Member
gusmoney - 8,354,000 - PC (Overkill, Arcade)

ZDFW4PNl.jpg

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
@egg_sanwich your inbox is full...

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
L9bIVKY.jpg

Dogg - 10,750,710 - ttx2

That 3rd stage gets a little hairy

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
GMEGBLN - 10,907,980 - PC (Overkill, Arcade Original)
score.jpg

Scooted past Dogg, who's my SOTM barometer for self satisfaction :glee:

God damn, this game's harder than I remember. Why didn't anyone tell me about charge shots lol
Also, my first score was on the default "normal" difficulty, which is apparently easier than the OG arcade game. For parity, you have to set the difficulty to original on top of picking original mode on start. "Arcade Mode Solo Original - Original", how fuckin' confusing is that lmao

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
There’s a charge shot?

Sorta, not firing when you have a missile powerup charges them up. When your ship glows the next time you fire it'll multiply the number of missles fired and each one that lands gives you bonus points. Useful when you know what mooks are coming to take them out real quick, I imagine you could also milk bosses with it but with the multiplier for killing faster I don't know if its worth it or nah

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Also, my first score was on the default "normal" difficulty, which is apparently easier than the OG arcade game. For parity, you have to set the difficulty to original on top of picking original mode on start. "Arcade Mode Solo Original - Original", how fuckin' confusing is that lmao

Based on this, I think my score(s) should be removed as I was playing on Original - Normal.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Based on this, I think my score(s) should be removed as I was playing on Original - Normal.

Eeh, I don't think it's a big deal. As long as you're playing the game who cares lol. I'm not a fan of the fragmented leaderboards

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Thanks for playing everyone! Kidpanda showed us how it’s done. Congratulations!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
everyone in this thread loves the cawk, except me...

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
This was a tough game. Stage 3 was a brick wall for me, the final boss phase always finished me off even after panic bombing through my stock. I had improved my score a bit never posted it thinking I'd do better. Still wasn't enough to beat Panda though.

Surprised LordBBH didn't show up and show us how it's done.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So those credits are all I did this month, if you look at the previous scores, you can see I haven’t played in some time. I have been to the last stage on my TTX but didn’t feel like hooking it up. I like the game, but not enough to dive hard this month. I would like to revisit it cause I really think I could at least get a clear. You get more bombs than you think.......