FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Hard to believe but there’s a World Cup starting this Sunday with the opening match between Qatar and Ecuador happening at 16.00 GMT.

Any matches you’re looking forward to? Predictions?

My employer is giving everyone a couple of hours off work to see the England v Iran match on TV on Monday. As a Scot, I wish Iran every success.

AD059817-AF64-4A4D-9DDA-382DC5A84CD0.jpeg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Apparently a single beer costs as much as $20 or more dollarydoos! That's a bloody outrage!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I have thought this was a completely ridiculous idea since they announced the location years ago.

"Fixtures staged in the afternoon in Qatar are expected to be played with temperatures around 91-93 degrees Fahrenheit (33-34 degrees Celsius), while even those that kick off at 10 p.m. local time are likely to be played at around 79 F (26 C) and humidity above 60%."

Brutal.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Strange world cup in the winter. It's gonna suck but will watch it anyway. Infantino is way worse than Blatter. It's not the fault of the players, most of them were kids when the oil money decided this is a good idea.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have thought this was a completely ridiculous idea since they announced the location years ago.

"Fixtures staged in the afternoon in Qatar are expected to be played with temperatures around 91-93 degrees Fahrenheit (33-34 degrees Celsius), while even those that kick off at 10 p.m. local time are likely to be played at around 79 F (26 C) and humidity above 60%."

Brutal.
This gives me hope the Australian side will perform well.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Ugh. Fuck a World Cup this year, AFL doesn’t start back up until March 2023, and F1 season is wrapping up.

Guess it’s time to work on finally 1cc some Neo sports games this winter, because I give zero fucks about USA sports.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
won't be watching this year. not gonna reinforce fifa's dipshit decisions.
I'm a big footie fan but I'm not going to watch that shit. Fuck Qatar, fuck FIFA, shove yer corrupt WC travesty up yer arses.

I agree with all this, really strange as well that Blatter or whatever the fuck his name was had come out recently saying FIFA was wrong to choose Qatar to host the World Cup when he was in charge at the time and taking back handers to do so.

Fuck FIFA as an organisation.

But, I personally will watch a few matches as no matter how much a shit as an organisation FIFA is, it’s a rare high stakes National team competition.

I’d much rather FIFA wasn’t organising it though. Even evil bastards EA are sick of their shit. I can’t wait for the greedy cunts (FIFA) to give their brand to the cheapest bidder for developing the FIFA 24 game and for it to suck balls and damage their brand further.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I, for one, am happy that a nation has finally stood up to the west in it's sinful, wicked, amoral promotion of the act of drinking Budweiser.
what if i told you that, instead, they are encouraging people to drink bud zero?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I hope this link works outside the UK: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63691286

Absolutely laughable fan accommodation made out of thick bin bag plastic which keeps the heat in, no air conditioning, brown shitty water coming out of the taps, parts of the ‘festival site’ not even built, and to add insult to injury this hell hole costs fans £175 a night. It’s actually disgusting how much distain there is to the football fans in Qatar, no question they are rising them for as much cash as possible while giving so little back in return. Glad I’m watching the odd match at home.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I hope this link works outside the UK: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63691286

Absolutely laughable fan accommodation made out of thick bin bag plastic which keeps the heat in, no air conditioning, brown shitty water coming out of the taps, parts of the ‘festival site’ not even built, and to add insult to injury this hell hole costs fans £175 a night. It’s actually disgusting how much distain there is to the football fans in Qatar, no question they are rising them for as much cash as possible while giving so little back in return. Glad I’m watching the odd match at home.
don't watch. wtf is wrong with you? just check online for scores.

anyway, it sorta seems like the fyre festival.