city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
MPMDlAU.png

302SRGX.jpg

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
This could be the largest stretch post of the thread, but.
The King Of Fighters '95 Female Fighters Stage
Sandy Duncan covering "A Nice Boy (Girl) Like Me" on The Muppet Show.

Or, I could just be seeing something that isn't there at all.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
KOF 2002 UM, Fighter's History Dynamite and SF Alpha 1 all have stages set in Rome's Colosseum. There's probably others.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
For no reason I was watching a longplay of Fighter's History Dynamite, a game I've wanted to play since I first saw a preview of it in gaming mags way back when but never got around to. To my complete surprise, the Iron Lion of Cangzhou is in the background!

czsz.jpg
Sorry for the potato quality, I just screenshotted it and then pasted in a pic I took when I visited last year.

More info about the Iron Lion here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Lion_of_Cangzhou

What's surprising is that, tbh, it's not a big tourist attraction - I mean, it's not on the same level of the Great Wall or anything, ya know? I think it's awesome Data East included it here, though.

EDIT: here's another picture:

Fighter-s_History_Dynamite_-_1997_-_Data_East_Corporation.jpg

The characters are in traditional Chinese and say 崩撼突擊, literally 'burst shake quick attack'. Looking into it more it seems related to Bajiquan style of martial art, which itself appears to have origins in Cangzhou, the city where this stage takes place. I am very impressed with the level of detail and knowledge going on here on Data East's behalf, these guys definitely did their homework.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bajiquan

Last edited:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
This thread is so awesome! I'm glad to see another one found. Pretty crazy they included that. Gotta love the more obscure references :)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Bump. Not a Neo game but maybe some of you might like this anyway.

Recently I was playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 and I wondered where Chun Li's stage was. Something about it looked familiar.

sfa2-b17.jpg

The artwork said it's in Beijing. Even though it's only from the mid-90s, there was a possibility the building had already been demolished.

Then I realized that it had to be the halal restaurant Manhengji (满恒记) close to Pinganli subway.

CHUN1.jpgCHUN2.jpgCHUN3.jpgCHUN4.jpgsfa2-chunli-stage-beijing-rush-hour.gifScreenshot_2022-02-24-08-00-57-790_com.android.browser.jpg

As far as I can tell, I can't find this information on any English web sites. Hope you guys liked it.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Bump. Not a Neo game but maybe some of you might like this anyway.

Recently I was playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 and I wondered where Chun Li's stage was. Something about it looked familiar.

View attachment 55998

The artwork said it's in Beijing. Even though it's only from the mid-90s, there was a possibility the building had already been demolished.

Then I realized that it had to be the halal restaurant Manhengji (满恒记) close to Pinganli subway.

View attachment 55999View attachment 56000View attachment 56001View attachment 56002View attachment 56003View attachment 56004

As far as I can tell, I can't find this information on any English web sites. Hope you guys liked it.
Nice find! This is an interesting thread I know there’s more. Here’s one I just came across

Court of the Lions in Granada, Spain. Background in KoF 98 and I believe Fatal Fury 3
B5512BD1-9DDD-4F8F-822E-3D7A097EA3A0.jpeg
index.php

BDC7755A-2C9F-479A-9E1B-555EB23DE91C.jpeg

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I think in of the kof games has a stage in it that is an actual place in the Netherlands.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Kof 2002 had a stage with windmills and sheep if you mean that :lolz:
Think that's the one. It's called Kinderdijk. Not too far from me. Shitloads of tourists each year, especially chinese and japanese.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Awesome thread. I wonder if the dragons come to life and dance if you knock someone out at the Tiger Balm Gardens.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Awesome thread. I wonder if the dragons come to life and dance if you knock someone out at the Tiger Balm Gardens.
Unfortunately, the area was demolished in 2004. It remains immortalized in SSFII, at least.

At least Hong Kong still has the JUMBO Floating Restaurant.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Attachments

• bolivia-salt-flats-or-salar-de-uyuni.jpg
    bolivia-salt-flats-or-salar-de-uyuni.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 548.jpg
    548.jpg