Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo

xorthen

Banned
I liked what I played. Although I am seeing some low frame rates. Did anybody else notice or play the demo? Noticed a lot of jaggy edges too. Maybe that new PS4.5 will help.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I did, it was decent. Strange to have it feel more like a Kingdom Hearts feel, (control wise I mean). There was some framerate issues, and camera was a little wonky. I'll play it most likely, cause I do want to fish and use the summons.I did a playthrough of the demo if anyone cares. Or not.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
No improvement over the previous demo's frame rate is worrying. The Kingdom Hearts feel is even more worrying.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I ran through it and got the cross shuriken and the shiny hammer...

It was ok, I don't know that I'd run out and grab it when it releases.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I'm kinda liking the KH feeling to it. I may pick it up when it comes out.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I didn't care for the original demo, but I've got this downloaded to give a try after I clear my game backlog. I'll probably buy and play the full game regardless because I've played every other mainline non-MMO FF and I have no self control.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'll buy a PS4 to play this if they come out with a good looking limited edition console. But since it seems like they've revealed everything at that event, I'm kind of doubting that will happen, at least outside Japan. If it doesn't, I'm going to hold off on any next gen stuff indefinitely - maybe until KH3, if that ever comes out.

xorthen

Banned
Pretty cool responses guys. I happened to love it. It looks pretty damn amazing. I think it's going to be a good one. So far I'm really impressed. The Kingdom Hearts stuff didn't bother me so much, the fact that summons are in it just makes me happy. Let's hope they are all as badass as the Ramuh summon. :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is incredibly disappointing. I think I just lost interest in it after 30 seconds of that youtube video.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
ffx is almost 15 years ago

now we're only up to ffxiv

and i have no idea what the sequels were

what happened

there should be a documentary on this shit or something

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This really looks.... how can I put it.... The graphics are impressive, and yet that just doesn't excite me. It's so boring looking. I long for the castles and monsters theme from FF2/3/9 again.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'll buy a PS4 to play this if they come out with a good looking limited edition console. But since it seems like they've revealed everything at that event, I'm kind of doubting that will happen, at least outside Japan.
I was thinking about this. I'm not sure when the 4.5 drops, but I get the impression that it may be announced and hyped up but not yet released when October rolls around. That'd make any attempt to do a console edition something of a ripoff.

fake

15 Year Member
I was thinking about this. I'm not sure when the 4.5 drops, but I get the impression that it may be announced and hyped up but not yet released when October rolls around. That'd make any attempt to do a console edition something of a ripoff.

True. I don't have a 4K TV, though. So I guess I could still get a normal PS4 and be OK.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
True. I don't have a 4K TV, though. So I guess I could still get a normal PS4 and be OK.
It's not just 4k, though. The current batch of rumors indicates that the 4.5 will double the performance specs and sell for nearly the same price. Games that require the 4.5 and won't run on the 4 will likely show up at some point.

If it's all true, then it's pretty much a kick in the nuts to anyone who bought a regular PS4.

fake

15 Year Member
It's not just 4k, though. The current batch of rumors indicates that the 4.5 will double the performance specs and sell for nearly the same price. Games that require the 4.5 and won't run on the 4 will likely show up at some point.

If it's all true, then it's pretty much a kick in the nuts to anyone who bought a regular PS4.

Bah! OK, fair enough. Both Nintendo and Sony need to cut the shit with mid-lifecycle hardware upgrades. Slim / XL models, sure. But models that are required for some games? That's bullshit.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
the KH controls are a plus. There's really no place for old school JRPG combat anymore.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
ffx is almost 15 years ago

now we're only up to ffxiv

and i have no idea what the sequels were

what happened

there should be a documentary on this shit or something

they did some direct sequels plus a lot of re-releases. plus a couple were online only mmo's. thats what happened.

xorthen

Banned
Sony should figure out a way to just do an external ram upgrade or something. I really don't want to dump off my PS4 to get the new one especially since I just got my PS4 a year ago.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Fully expect this to be hot garbage like X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, and LR.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So I played the demo, and I was pretty underwhelmed. The frame rate was bothersome to me. The game was quirky and very Japanese... Over the years I guess it's funny how I've grown away from that, due in large part to all the games that I've played tend to be made in the US.

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I was never a big JRPG fan but I have really enjoyed some past FF games. Ff6 is where my username comes from. I haven't played one since FFX (which I actually liked a lot), this series just does not appeal to me in the slightest anymore. I tried this demo and barely had the attention span to finish it. Felt clunky to me.

JRPGs have aged worse than maybe any other genre. The appeal of them used to be that you were getting a story that went beyond what other types of games could do back then. But now every game tries to tell a story (for better or worse) and can still have much more engaging gameplay. I feel like this game is trying to keep up rather than setting any kind of standard.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Finally played it. Laggy controls and low framerate were total bummers. Combat felt clunky. Instead of building on top of KH for combat, I wish they built on Type-0 HD.