Final Fight: Seven Sons; What Might've Been

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Unseen64 posted this up a couple weeks ago. Was in development for a bit, before it was scrapped and Streetwise rose out of its ashes to lay a giant dump on the PS2. Looks interesting, if a bit generic. It probably would've been more fun than what we got.

Damn shame, just read it and watched the video too. With a little more polish it would have been a fun two player beat-em-up.

Speaking of Streatwise, did anybody bother to play it? I know full well never to take a site's review of a beat em' up because they'll always say it's stale and boring gameplay, but just seeing how they made it all urban threw me off. I saw one clip of the game and it looked like something from Goodfellas with all of the F-Bombs being thrown around.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Damn shame, just read it and watched the video too. With a little more polish it would have been a fun two player beat-em-up.

Speaking of Streatwise, did anybody bother to play it? I know full well never to take a site's review of a beat em' up because they'll always say it's stale and boring gameplay, but just seeing how they made it all urban threw me off. I saw one clip of the game and it looked like something from Goodfellas with all of the F-Bombs being thrown around.

Played it, beat it. It's honestly not completely terrible, until about half-way through it. It then goes from generic to just flat-out awful. They start throwing shit into the story that just takes it to Biohazard/RE-level territory and throws in a useless plot twist.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I played through most of Streetwise. It's not as bad as the reviews make it out to be. I really enjoyed seeing Guy, Haggar, and Cody and finally learn what's been happening since the original Final Fight. (I'm not sure if FF2-3 are considered canon) Near the end, it starts getting wierd with most of the citizens of Metro City turning into zombies. That's about where I got stuck at. Specifically the part where you have to protect 2 Ill and that chick (forget her name). The zombies that blow up kept killing them.

Jon