Final Vendetta by Bitmap Bureau

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Well yeah, I'd love to have time to master every game I own. But it's 2023, thousands of games are being made constantly, and I don't have time for that. It's just reality. If I had a thousand lifetimes and no other responsibilities, then sure. I can only hope the game ends up really clicking with me and I find the time to fully appreciate it.
Uh huh.

Then why not at least spend $10 on the digital version first and find out if it's even worth your time before crossing your fingers and blindly spending $400?

It's ridiculous not to. That's just another way to help justify buying something that from the sound of you don't even want all that much.

"I don't have time to play this and I refuse to find out if the game is actually good or not but I better spend that $400 before it's too late. Maybe once I get it a year from now and if it's halfway decent I'll try and make time to try it out but probably not."

And you wonder why people shit on collectards.

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
The first smart thing I’ve seen said all day. Not a fan of all the home brewing for old consoles in general.

I saw someone else mention it, but the beauty of Neo Geo was the graphical capacity at the time. Seeing people utilize the hardware now, it’s not impressive, just seems like wasted potential.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not a fan of all the home brewing for old consoles in general.

I saw someone else mention it, but the beauty of Neo Geo was the graphical capacity at the time. Seeing people utilize the hardware now, it’s not impressive, just seems like wasted potential.
The problem is porting already existing games to the system for no reason and then charging an arm and a leg for them. They're not Neo Geo games, they were never intended to be. I don't like NGDev Team but they at least developed their games for the Neo and then released cheap digital versions and ports. They're fundamentally Neo games.

Home-brew and indie developers are fine but this trend of porting all these mediocre games to every platform under the sun because collectors are idiots who'll buy anything is ridiculous. There's a $20 PS4 copy of Final Vendetta that's been sitting on the shelves at the local game store for like 6 months and it's already regularly on sale on digital services. It's a bargain bin game that has zero relation to the Neo. It doesn't warrant a Neo release.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Uh huh.

Then why not at least spend $10 on the digital version first and find out if it's even worth your time before crossing your fingers and blindly spending $400?

It's ridiculous not to. That's just another way to help justify buying something that from the sound of you don't even want all that much.

"I don't have time to play this and I refuse to find out if the game is actually good or not but I better spend that $400 before it's too late. Maybe once I get it a year from now and if it's halfway decent I'll try and make time to try it out but probably not."

And you wonder why people shit on collectards.
I'll definitely get the digital version first. If it sucks, I'll cancel my pre-order, but from everything I've seen and know I doubt it.

Last edited:

promking

Marked Wolf
I'm willing to take the chance. I love beat em ups, and I'm a sucker for old hardware.
I only waited 10 years for Paprium lmao

Yeah I'm a sucker, I preordered the special edition.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I'm willing to take the chance. I love beat em ups, and I'm a sucker for old hardware.
I only waited 10 years for Paprium lmao

Yeah I'm a sucker, I preordered the special edition.
...still waiting for my copy...fonzie f'd me.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
The problem is porting already existing games to the system for no reason and then charging an arm and a leg for them. They're not Neo Geo games, they were never intended to be. I don't like NGDev Team but they at least developed their games for the Neo and then released cheap digital versions and ports. They're fundamentally Neo games.

Home-brew and indie developers are fine but this trend of porting all these mediocre games to every platform under the sun because collectors are idiots who'll buy anything is ridiculous. There's a $20 PS4 copy of Final Vendetta that's been sitting on the shelves at the local game store for like 6 months and it's already regularly on sale on digital services. It's a bargain bin game that has zero relation to the Neo. It doesn't warrant a Neo release.
In this case the Neo Geo version was announced before all other version. so I think it was made with the Neo Geo in mind at least.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
In this case the Neo Geo version was announced before all other version. so I think it was made with the Neo Geo in mind at least.

This is the only reason why I've given this any serious consideration. From the off Bitmap said that FD was a "Neo-Geo" inspired game, and it certainly doesn't look a million miles from it, especially compared with the last official belt-scroller we got - Sengoku 3.

None of the NG:Dev games looked like Neo-Geo games to me, not even remotely. Looked like Amiga / low-end PC stuff, as did Xeno Crisis and that's always going to be a major turn off for me.

If iFD turns out, imo, to be shit, then I'll move the cart on. I have no doubt I'll be able to recoup my money, but I will be disappointed if I end up parting ways with it quickly.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
This is the only reason why I've given this any serious consideration. From the off Bitmap said that FD was a "Neo-Geo" inspired game, and it certainly doesn't look a million miles from it, especially compared with the last official belt-scroller we got - Sengoku 3.

None of the NG:Dev games looked like Neo-Geo games to me, not even remotely. Looked like Amiga / low-end PC stuff, as did Xeno Crisis and that's always going to be a major turn off for me.

If iFD turns out, imo, to be shit, then I'll move the cart on. I have no doubt I'll be able to recoup my money, but I will be disappointed if I end up parting ways with it quickly.
I tougher Xenocrisis was a really good game. I was disappointed by the NG version because it was to similar to Genesis version. I was expecting different effect and some added scaling. It was still a great game just not enough difference in the versions.
I’m waiting to see FV footage before O preorder.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I bought FV and I have XenoCrisis. I'll see how it is. I don't doubt I can get back what I have in it down the road if I decide it's not for me, so why not?

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
NhYlYLU.png

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
The game is a tad bit generic, but it would automatically be the best beat em up on the Neo when it gets released.

Quite possibly, though Sengoku 3 is pretty decent with some fun mechanics.

NeoSeeD

n00b
Quite possibly, though Sengoku 3 is pretty decent with some fun mechanics.
I love the art and presentation in Sengoku 3. I just wish that it would have been more fun outside of short bursts.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Chinese on Aliexpress mark everything as zero to a few dollars and no one GAF. But the Europeans have to put the full value and fuck each other over with import taxes, LOL.