Finally FS: Mitsu's Sega JVS I/O Helper PCB

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got everything in order to build and sell my JVS Helper PCBs.

Price is $75 shipped anywhere.

I will include a 26-pin ribbon cable for analog controls and a 40 or 60 pin interconnect cable of your choice depending on which I/O you will be using. I will also include one DB25 solder cup connector to get you started. (If I already shipped your S-JIHP and you would like your free connector let me know, I will drop it in the mail)

Here is how they turned out:

zum8sm.jpg

2hd9tw8.jpg

The color of the LEDs may vary depending on what I have on hand.

BTW. If you want to buy extra connectors from me here is the price:

DB25--- $5
DB15--- $4

And here are the videos I posted in the interest check thread:

Part 1:

Part 2:

And check the interest thread for lots of info:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...t-check-Mitsurugi-w-s-Sega-JVS-I-O-Helper-PCB

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
When you start using it I want to see some pictures or video or sum'tin'.

Waiting on an adapter from Undamned to arrived before I hook it up for a test run. But I'll take some pictures once I do.

Any luck with a list of racing wheels that you'd recommend for use with this? (Mostly for Crazy Taxi and Initial D.)

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on an adapter from Undamned to arrived before I hook it up for a test run. But I'll take some pictures once I do.

Any luck with a list of racing wheels that you'd recommend for use with this? (Mostly for Crazy Taxi and Initial D.)

Three I definitely recommend:

If you aren't afraid of some major modding to have a great result at the end---

X Technologies Roadstar PS2 Wheel

Carl Edwards Racing TV game wheel (my fave with hand pedals)

For an easier mod but pretty good quality results:

Logitech Wingman Formula GP PC Racing wheel (probably tons of variations that will work)

The first thing I would do is mod a controller with lots of buttons. Most wheels only have like four buttons on them so you will most likely place coin and start, etc. on a different controller. I use a DB25 splitter. One end has my arcade SF controller hooked up and the other has the wheel.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Thanks for the info.

I managed to find a cheap Roadstar wheel like you have in some of your videos, so I'll see about rewiring it to a DB25 connector once it arrives.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info.

I managed to find a cheap Roadstar wheel like you have in some of your videos, so I'll see about rewiring it to a DB25 connector once it arrives.

It's some work to mod that one but once you do it is a great wheel. You could even mess with the LEDs like I did for some cool effects.

Just one bit of advice on that wheel. DO NOT EVER remove the pots for the hand pedals. If you do it is a bitch to get them calibrated correctly again and you'll most likely have to disassemble the wheel multiple times to get it right. Just leave them be and all will be good.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone interested in this:

xciwkx.jpg

33cq842.jpg

34odm2u.jpg

nzlmk6.jpg

21nhy0y.jpg

I figure $15 plus shipping if I sell a kit and you harvest your own Dreamcast controller port or $50 shipped if I find the broken Dreamcast and fully assemble it.

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Anyone interested in this:

I figure $15 plus shipping if I sell a kit and you harvest your own Dreamcast controller port or $50 shipped if I find the broken Dreamcast and fully assemble it.

Even without an actual Dreamcast controller port, it looks like you have the 5 holes where it'd be possible to wire up the wires from a Dreamcast extension cord...? If so, then I'd be interested in nabbing one.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even without an actual Dreamcast controller port, it looks like you have the 5 holes where it'd be possible to wire up the wires from a Dreamcast extension cord...? If so, then I'd be interested in nabbing one.

Cool. Noted. If I can cover the cost of a run I'll do it. If I get ten commitments I will do a run.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Is there a dedicated thread for the DC to NAOMI controller board? I know I wouldn't have seen it if I didn't click to see what the helper pcb was.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a dedicated thread for the DC to NAOMI controller board? I know I wouldn't have seen it if I didn't click to see what the helper pcb was.

Blank pcbs are on order. When I receive them I will do a dedicated thread.

PS--I know you want one of these helpers.

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Question: Would getting a PC joystick with a db15 connector allow Monkey Ball on the Naomi to work like it would with its banana controller?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Question: Would getting a PC joystick with a db15 connector allow Monkey Ball on the Naomi to work like it would with its banana controller?

not without modifications. same thing as with afterburner. you need 5k pots.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried and it worked but the controls were really funky so I think it would need to be rewired a bit. But as I've never used the Banana controller I'm not sure how it's supposed to feel when you play.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Jambo Safari --
What would be the way to jump the Up/Down Lever on the Helper PCB so the lasso throw works?

It used the same cab as Crazy Taxi, but the cab lever is wired up differently.

I found this thread that said:
"lever up - > jamma i/o V -> player 2 up -> JVS i/o CN3 pin 24
lever down -> jamma i/o W -> layer 2 down -> JVS i/o CN3 pin 26
can't find the crazy taxi wiring diagram, but you can just trace the shifter's cable back to the i/o board. use quick splices to jump from the shifter's 2 wires to pin 24/26. that's it"

Last edited:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. All you need to know is what buttons Crazy Taxi has the shifter wired to. I think it may be p1 up and p1 down. Let me see when I get home and tell you what to do.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Ok. All you need to know is what buttons Crazy Taxi has the shifter wired to. I think it may be p1 up and p1 down. Let me see when I get home and tell you what to do.

For the actual Crazy Taxi cab JVS wiring, I couldn't find the info in the manual, but I found this AO thread that said:
"Crazy Taxi uses pins 23 for Drive and 25 for Reverse."

(On my racing wheel, I have Crazy Taxi's shifter set to P1 Up and P1 Down.)

Last edited:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the actual Crazy Taxi cab JVS wiring, I couldn't find the info in the manual, but I found this AO thread that said:
"Crazy Taxi uses pins 23 for Drive and 25 for Reverse."

(On my racing wheel, I have Crazy Taxi's shifter set to P1 Up and P1 Down.)

So it works with Crazy Taxi right now? Good. You just need to jumper the p1 up to p2 up and p1 down to p2 down on the S-JIHP for it to work with the other game.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
maybe we need to make support thread and start compiling info for easy reference

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I would totally buy a helper PCB, if someone could hook me up w/ a wheel to match. Happy to pay, trade, or both for a wheel.

I want to use it for Jambo Safari, so I guess a wheel w/ a shifter is in order?

PM me if you got da hook up.