Finally got a god damned PS5

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
A year and a half of clicking, monitoring Twitter feeds, hoping I'd get a Sony invite, and it finally happened. How shitty of a state we're in that it's that damn hard to get a current gen console.

What kills me is I was finally able to get one from a friend's brand spanking new PS account getting an invite. My account is 15 years old, and not one invite.

Anyone else still trying to get one, or for those that have, how soon were you able to get it?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I got mine a while back. I just got one of those Gamestop emails saying it was gonna be in stock at X and Y time. It was a shitty bundle, but it had Miles Morales, a 2nd controller, $20 for the PS store and some shit ass sports game that was immediately traded in.

I got one this week too, walmart got a batch that was only available online to walmart plus customers, which I had wanted to try since dumping amazon prime anyway. $12 to get an exclusive chance sounded like it might work, and it did.

I had only been looking at the market a few weeks, this was the only time I sat in front of the computer waiting for them to go live.

Havent had a playstation since ps2. The new gran tourismo with haptic feedback sold me.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Still casually searching. Playing through the Switch backlog in the meantime. I'm not in much of a rush, especially at this point. PS5 Pro will probably be announced in 2024.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I just overpaid for one a year ago, to play village. Worth it

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I got a invite awhile ago but i still don't have the money for one so whatever :rolleyes:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I got one on release, was luck more than anything. I had to buy a bundle but 2 controllers and 1 year PSN wasn’t too bad a deal.

GT7 is really the best reason to get one now.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
?

What's the problem, if you need one I've got a few in stock right now

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PlayStation-5-PS5-Disc-Edition-Console-BRAND-NEW-NEXT-DAY-DELIVERY-/334419393660?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Can do something on ebay fees etc if we go outside Ebay.
giphy.gif

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I bet you wear umbro shoes, those slip ons. And grey tracksuits

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Got a bundle from Sam's Club last month. The bundle included an extra controller, $100 PS credit, and the controller charging station. Not a horrible bundle, but also had to pay for a Sam's Club membership, which I'll never use.

GT7 with a proper wheel setup is the best time playing games I've had in a long, long time. 🤌🤌🤌

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
IDK where the info came from and I don't care but I basically used the autistic powers of a friend in full FOMO mode to alert me to when new lots would become available in what timeframe, so I basically just logged into an ecommerce site at launch and bought one, no hassle. Thanks friend!

...I wish I bought a switch instead though since aside from GT7 all I play on it are PS4 titles.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I would rather buy a $3k laptop than deal with the bullshit of getting a PS5...which I did. But if they ever end up on store shelves again and get a revision that makes them not look so damn ugly, I'll snag one.