Finally got a PS5

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
I had given up. I also wasn't sure I wanted one lol. I haven't been as into modern games. My PS4 was mainly for M2 releases although I did enjoy a few of the big games from time to time.

I heard about the GameStop restock and waited in front of GameStop for about four hours before they opened. I was #10 in line and got one. Yeah, it's a bundle but it's games I'd probably want to get anyway.

I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima and loving it. I've been over open world games for some time but this one really grabs me.

It'll at least keep me entertained long enough for my Analogue Pocket to arrive on Wednesday.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I got one on a total chance on Walmart’s website a few weeks ago. After I ordered, I realized that I would never use it, so I sold it to one of the homies who had been looking. Will want to get one to keep at some point, I’m sure. It’s silly how hard these are to find, more than a year after release.

Galford Forever

I got one on a total chance on Walmart’s website a few weeks ago. After I ordered, I realized that I would never use it, so I sold it to one of the homies who had been looking. Will want to get one to keep at some point, I’m sure. It’s silly how hard these are to find, more than a year after release.

Yeah it's shocking that a year later it is still a feat to be able to actually buy one. I wonder what all this will do to this generation. It seems like we aren't able to leave the PS4 gen because of it. I'm also not so sure it matters a whole lot anymore though. The older generations had real revolutions in technology. Now it's just slightly prettier graphics, or in this case lower load times.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’m waiting for a system exclusive that really drives me to purchase one. I was not a big Street Fighter 5 fan, but a series I’ve been long invested in would make me look at making the jump like a Street Fighter 6.

Right now I’m still happy with my PS4 and have tons of games to play.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

Pretty much this. My Pro & One X are still plenty fine (well other than BL3 sucking on the Pro but it's just fine on the One X). And I've not seen that the hardware issues have been worked out on the 5 & series yet.

So why try and waste time tryna get a 5 or a series when there's still not quite anything you need one for and they've still got hardware fixes to perform?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I definitely want a PS5 – I never got a last-gen console so there's lots to dig into. But I'm definitely not waiting in line for more than 20 minutes for one. I thought you'd be able to walk into a store and grab one by now, though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I agree with @Ralfakick

Not saying this won't be another great PS console like previous PS consoles but right now it makes no sense to rush out and get one unless you just want to play previous generation games with upgraded graphics or want a 4k blu-ray player.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Dat Demon Souls remaster though :drool_2:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Yeah it's shocking that a year later it is still a feat to be able to actually buy one.
And yet they've still sold over 13 million consoles.

How? I've never even seen one for sale.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I’m still undecided.

Bethesda going to Microsoft was huge but who knows when we’ll see the fruits of that acquisition.

What I’m trying to say is, congrats!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
And yet they've still sold over 13 million consoles.

How? I've never even seen one for sale.
Probably scalpers. I've seen a bunch of sale pictures of 10, 20, 40 ps5's. There are a ton for sale on ebay for $900+ and yet you can't find one at retail unless you wait outside some store for a few hours before opening or all the planets-stars align and you're able to click the check out button before some bot swoops in and snags it first.

Galford Forever

Probably scalpers. I've seen a bunch of sale pictures of 10, 20, 40 ps5's. There are a ton for sale on ebay for $900+ and yet you can't find one at retail unless you wait outside some store for a few hours before opening or all the planets-stars align and you're able to click the check out button before some bot swoops in and snags it first.

I am fairly certain that at least one person in my line was just there to resell. But it was limited to one per person and, honestly, four hours in the cold....they earned it. I almost bailed as I had trouble feeling my feet after a few hours. But after waiting a few hours I didn't want to give up. The real punchline though is that they still had consoles for sale all the way up to 6pm that night. So there was absolutely no reason to wait outside in the cold. Eh...

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I was lucky and preordered a PS5 when Amazon first opened them up for ordering. It landed on my doorstep on launch day with no drama.

Anyone with a PS5 owes it to themselves to play Returnal. It’s the best modern game I’ve played in years-totally justified the console purchase for me.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I will wait until I can buy one from the store for current rrp or less than. There's just nothing worth playing on it at the moment. GT7 and the new God of War are the only things I can really see myself buying it for. Fuck this constant hunting/scalper market.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I should probably get a PS4 at some point. I had one briefly after launch but got rid of it because was just playing my xbone so much more...mostly just Killer Instinct. I been wanting to mess around with the VR headset tbh.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Just stick to your Arcade1Up collection HDMoe

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I should probably get a PS4 at some point. I had one briefly after launch but got rid of it because was just playing my xbone so much more...mostly just Killer Instinct. I been wanting to mess around with the VR headset tbh.
I'd suggest a Pro then if you want to try out the VR games on it

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Does the VR headset work with the PS5?

edit: I just read that Starfield (by Bethesda) is going to be Xbox exclusive, I think my decision is being made for me.

Galford Forever

Does the VR headset work with the PS5?

edit: I just read that Starfield (by Bethesda) is going to be Xbox exclusive, I think my decision is being made for me.

I don't have VR but I think I heard you need to ask Sony for some adapter to get it to work on PS5. I expect they'll release a dedicated PS5 VR set at some point. I haven't gotten in to VR since I often get motion sickness. I want to try it but don't want to spend the money and find I can't use it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Dat Demon Souls remaster though :drool_2:
Id never played Demons' Souls, but when I saw Vaati do videos on it I was like oh damn I need to play that. Love Bloodborne, Sekiro and have a love/hate relationship with Dark Souls, but Id just never played the original.

Great fucking game. I have yet to beat it though. I'm right at the end where the blue dragon is on the castle. So much fun.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I've had a PS5 for a year but managed to snag a Xbox Series X yesterday as it was back in stock in Argos.

I already have a Xbox Series S which I've had for a year, but I want dat 4k in all my games (when possible).

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
PS5 is pure FOMO, mine spends most of its time neglected or playing PS4 titles.

As I said before here, it's more of a PS4 Pro + right now. No real reason to actually WANT one.

Galford Forever

Id never played Demons' Souls, but when I saw Vaati do videos on it I was like oh damn I need to play that. Love Bloodborne, Sekiro and have a love/hate relationship with Dark Souls, but Id just never played the original.

Great fucking game. I have yet to beat it though. I'm right at the end where the blue dragon is on the castle. So much fun.

I've loved the DS series and played through Demons on PS3. It's funny because while I played through Bloodborne completely with all it's DLC I found it too hard and didn't love it. Sekiro was absurdly hard for me and I bounced off it right away. The DS games and Blood/Sekiro seem to be very different in gameplay and not as closely related as we like to think IMO. DS sanded a slow, plodding pace while BB and Sekiro want you to go right in and have perfect timing.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I’m waiting for a system exclusive that really drives me to purchase one. I was not a big Street Fighter 5 fan, but a series I’ve been long invested in would make me look at making the jump like a Street Fighter 6.

There isn't a controller converter to PS5 for PS5 games, so for now you're stuck buying a new PS5 stick for fighters.

For now I'm all set with my old fight stick for KOF XV on Xbox Series X, but I don't know what I'd do for PS5.