Financial Checkup, Let's Discuss Positions, Holdings, and Thoughts for Near Future

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Unless you were sitting on tungsten cubes... not sure metals was a good idea.
I didn’t have much option as they are physical and didn’t loose /gain anything . I pick up some oil and tech stocks back in April, so got a little bit of profit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You always hear the guys who are like "I bought up gold" when gold is going up. But wtf is that really? This time around, anyone who had their money in gold probably wishes they bought TSLA or ETH instead.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
You always hear the guys who are like "I bought up gold" when gold is going up. But wtf is that really? This time around, anyone who had their money in gold probably wishes they bought TSLA or ETH instead.
Personally, It’s a hoarding problem, metals have liquidity issues and pita to sell in large quantities.

psychological thing about gold/silver , like when the first came up with the bitcoin picture of it was a gold color coin and etherem is a silver coin . marketing it’s just give people comfort and peace of mind .

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s a hoarding problem, they have liquidity issues and pita to sell in large quantities.
I think it's more of a fomo pyramid scheme thing.

the richest guy in the room, real or illusory, will often have the loudest voice. Get people to think you have money and that you believe in gold, and they will follow. Then sell gold at top end pricing. Then tell people you're getting rich off BTC. Then sell BTC at top end pricing. Then tell people you're getting rich off

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I think it's more of a fomo pyramid scheme thing.

the richest guy in the room, real or illusory, will often have the loudest voice. Get people to think you have money and that you believe in gold, and they will follow. Then sell gold at top end pricing. Then tell people you're getting rich off BTC. Then sell BTC at top end pricing. Then tell people you're getting rich off
Pretty much people like to follow success, not failure . As they only talk about all the positive and not the negative. That rush of winning one hand, justifies the many losses incurred beforehand .

It’s like Tesla/musk right now

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pretty much people like to follow success, not failure . As they only talk about all the positive and not the negative. That rush of winning one hand, justifies the many losses incurred beforehand .

It’s like Tesla/musk right now
Those people aren't going to make it.

you need to research the segment, evaluate your decision making process, place your bet, re-evaluate the decision over time, repeatedly.

or if you're just following the luck, hope you're not left in the train when it catches fire and runs off the cliff.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Those people aren't going to make it.

you need to research the segment, evaluate your decision making process, place your bet, re-evaluate the decision over time, repeatedly.

or if you're just following the luck, hope you're not left in the train when it catches fire and runs off the cliff.
For sure, it’s just a example. Luck tend to favour the prepared. Had I been more prepared and did my research on bitcoin at the time years back, I was not interested in it as I can’t related( shit I remember a member offer me one as payment for arcade pcb I was selling I passed on it because I didn’t want to set up a wallet and thinking it pita and I think it was around $350 at the time so I ask for the payment in PayPal ) . Had I been interested I might have been more willing to invest in it , at the time it reputation/usage as the silkroad currency . Few year later it pop as it get more mainstream and adoption and now it’s to point of the big hedge fund money’s are pouring in and all the situation seem to be in its favour . The FOMO sets in .

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
For sure, it’s just a example. Luck tend to favour the prepared.
Right, and we aren't invest based on what a stock did or was, but where we see it going. I feel like many don't even bother this step.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Right, and we aren't invest based on what a stock did or was, but where we see it going. I feel like many don't even bother this step.
X2 . Cost of money for lesson on stocks market , but some learned while other are still paying ... iam still paying probably for a long time .

One thing or sure is Defi and A.i will be a big part of the future. And some can toss In climate change .

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
@HDRchampion do you have any updates for us?

2020 what an awesome year. Hit a lot of milestones...

2021 has been fucking horrible. I waited too long to buy a house and now they are all time high. I didn't work half the year and now im only making half as much as i was previously. Thinking of moving to the Phils and start business there or just do an early retirement.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
2020 what an awesome year. Hit a lot of milestones...

2021 has been fucking horrible. I waited too long to buy a house and now they are all time high. I didn't work half the year and now im only making half as much as i was previously. Thinking of moving to the Phils and start business there or just do an early retirement.
Rates are so low though.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Gold has been a valuable human commodity for over 40,000 years. I don't know what wasabi is trying to get at.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Gold has been a valuable human commodity for over 40,000 years. I don't know what wasabi is trying to get at.
If you put $10k on gold last year, you would be sad today that you didn't put it on a better pony.

in fact, if you put it on gold 5 years ago, you'd be really sad. The multiple is nothing close to what you would have gotten riding it on ETH, or BTC, etc.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
this is true and it still has inherent value based on what it can be used for besides bling. using it as a medium of exchange exchange, in the current global and digital economy, it isn't as useful.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
If you put $10k on gold last year, you would be sad today that you didn't put it on a better pony.

in fact, if you put it on gold 5 years ago, you'd be really sad. The multiple is nothing close to what you would have gotten riding it on ETH, or BTC, etc.
What you mean LWK isn't a billionaire by now? Incredible.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Everything is digital. buying physical gold is like buying home carts in a Spanish market.
there are still old people thats use cash only, those are the one that dont know technology, cash stuffed into a mattress or gold buried in the backyard . Probably just upgrade to a flipphone from a land line .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
there are still old people thats use cash only, those are the one that dont know technology, cash stuffed into a mattress or gold buried in the backyard . Probably just upgrade to a flipphone from a land line .
Every old person I know on fixed income, with dividend stocks up the wazoo.

one day I'll be them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You only know old farmers?

farmers have stocks too. I know a farmer woman who yolo'd on doge, and did not win.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Nah he had Native American turquoise. Some say you can still find him on the side of roads in Arizona selling them out of MVS boxes to this day.
So THAT'S who that was on the freeway onramp near my house :tickled: