Firearm enthusiast thread

Free conditional tax stamp that will probably be used against me in a court of law if I am ever charged with a completely unrelated felony, doesnt quite roll off the tongue the same.

Ok so if you goobs remember the atf says there are 3-7 million braced firearms, the firearms industry says there are between 10-40 million braced firearms:

If 3M then 8.3% complied
If 7M then 3.5% complied
If 10M then 2.5% complied
If 40M then 0.6 % complied

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I’m sure most aren’t willing to show their hands to the ATF…like, over 90% “most”

I will say this, AR pistols, especially in 223, are pretty pointless.

Now 300 Blk suppressed? 350 Legend in a short barrel? That’s money.

I wish Illinois hadn't passed that goddamn ban-hammer, I would have loved to play around with a 350 legend and a 7 inch to 10 inch barrel.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I’m sure most aren’t willing to show their hands to the ATF…like, over 90% “most”

I will say this, AR pistols, especially in 223, are pretty pointless.

Now 300 Blk suppressed? 350 Legend in a short barrel? That’s money.

I wish Illinois hadn't passed that goddamn ban-hammer, I would have loved to play around with a 350 legend and a 7 inch to 10 inch barrel.
So you obviously mean 350 legend exclusively in rifle form.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I want one of those stupid pistol SBRs like the flux raider.

I’m sure there are a few people who had 14.5” AR “pistols” as well.

Last edited:
Anyone have anything bad to say about a used howa 1500 hcr? Just last week I was starting to look at big boy scopes and distance rifles and this week this deal popped up. In my googling they seem like a very smart purchase, much better than a ruger american or remington 700. Really curious what modern Japanese firearm engineering is like.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
im just saying, this thread is pretty shit talking free. You arent into firearms. Why come in here just to shit on smoke?

Sure I pop into the political threads to shit talk wyo, but those are war room threads.
Hi

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Howa is supposedly a nice riffle.
Never tried one myself tho.

I considered handing my “braced pistols” over to the government but then I ran a background check and there was just too much history of drug dealing, mental instability and unnecessary violence for them to pass.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Thats definitely the most upsetting thing, the government making millions and millions of people felons without some kind/any kind of drive to notify its citizens of a common use item being banned.
It's not even the government it's a bureaucratic institution changing their perspective on something. I would at least have criticism of the system if the system worked as it was supposed to and our legislation changed the law through government but that's not the case. This "we think therefore it is" is not how it's supposed to work. Whatever you think the laws should be or should not be.. at least go through the proper system that we have in place for our society.

I dont get that line of thinking at all, Im fine with gun laws, but let them be ones that have good reason behind them, ones that actually save lives or prevent violence. Gun laws that make some kind of sense would be a good start.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I tend to agree.

Regulation and “common sense” are subjective terms.

Here’s a good example.

Meth was (and is) a huge problem in Illinois. Years ago, Ill created a law limiting the amount of pseudoephedrine you could buy. You also have to scan your license each purchase, sign a consent form, and are limited to a set amount per month. In the case of my 12-hr Allegra D, that means all I can buy at one time is 20 pills…and I can only do that every 15 days. Any other attempt to buy early, and the system blocks the sale.

In the end, it made my pills a serious pain in the ass, costs the taxpayers quite a bit of $$ to have such a system in place…

…and didn’t do a goddamn thing to curb meth.

This is how most gun laws seem to work. Law abiding people have to deal with a ton of red tape, criminals still do whatever they like.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I am here once again to remind everyone that any proposed regulations being described as “Common Sense” is merely an ad hominem attack directed at the opposition.

Think about what it necessarily implies when you are in opposition to “common sense?”

Stating something is “Common Sense” is also I suppose an argument from a false premise but really it’s not even an argument or maybe it’s a circular argument (it’s common sense because everyone knows it and because everyone knows it it’s common sense?) Oh well. Actual reasoned debate presented through the media died in this country a long time ago.

Everyone should avoid using the phrase “common sense” in any debate unless they’re talking about the kind of Common Sense penned by Tom Paine.

PS: People who believe in innate knowledge are dumb. You hear me? Dumb.

For the record, I never said common sense.

The extremists on both sides of the issue can suck my dick. Zero compromise or COMMON SENSE, gets you where we are today.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
“Common Sense” is just my pet peeve. It’s American politicians’ #1 assertion about any proposed regulation.

I agree in a civil society/social contract that there must necessarily be limits.

We’ll probably not ever get any meaningful legal or societal change that addresses the root causes of violence. It’s just too easy to blame the guns.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
“Common Sense” is just my pet peeve. It’s American politicians’ #1 assertion about any proposed regulation.

I agree in a civil society/social contract that there must necessarily be limits.

We’ll probably not ever get any meaningful legal or societal change that addresses the root causes of violence. It’s just too easy to blame the guns.
It’s a shitty, condescending troll phrase, just like “assault weapon”, “blood on the streets”, “ghost gun”, or one of their new favorites, “weapons of war”.

A fucking co-worker used “weapons of war” and it was all I could do to bite my tongue.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Weapons of war is a funny one.

I’m not sure I’d want to defend myself with a firearm that wasn’t suitable for conflict like a war. Either used in war or copies/refinements of weapons that were used in wars.

That said it ignores the fact that the rifles and shotguns anti-gun groups would allow…are also legit weapons of war.

Words mean anything, everything, and nothing these days lol.

really want to buy a big boy scope now and start shooting a little distance. Primary arms coming out with a new model in a few months I want to try.

Just not sure if I should put it on the M1A and hand its optic down to another rifle. Or if I should try some sub moa bolt rifle like that howa.

I guess Im wondering if I would find the bolt action boring.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Can’t stop the signal.

Call me a Marxist but it sure does seem like the average person absolutely can have the actual means of production available in their garage.

My brother is out visiting, it was a barrel of Stagg Jr he won by the way. He has only ever fired a pistol a few times. So of course my goal was to take him for a real day of shooting and turn him into a real american.

Took 4 rifles and 3 big pistols to the range with about 1200 rounds all in, bear loads for the 44mag. By his last two magazines he was slapping steel with almost every round with an akm.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
My brother unfortunately doesn't share my interest in firearms.