Firearm enthusiast thread

Lots of leverguns and revolver rifles coming this year from what Ive seen on TFBtv show coverage. I know eventually a 357 henry will be in my lineup.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Mainman have you never fired outside? Man you are missing out, totally different experience, especially at a public range or just in nature with no supervision whatsoever.

And outdoors I wear electronic inner ear protection. At an indoor range it depends how busy or if there are any rifles but I will change to over ear instead when it gets loud.

Outside you dont get the constant echo of loud gunshots off all the walls with people packed into tight lanes all next to you. The landscape kind of soaks it up. But even 22 outside is still a loud enough snap to trigger my ear protection.

10mm and 357 are both louder to me than 9mm. Also anyone not using electronic hearing protection is missing a huge part of the experience. To just deffen yourself at the range with passive ear plugs and muffs is lame.
I NEVER fired a firearm without ear protection. But I have fired a firearm outdoors. What electronic hearing protection do you use.

I use walkers silencer 2.0 for inners and also a walkers model for outer, both electronic and ambient noise boosting and adjustable sound in a variety of ways. I drool over the Peltor inner ear models.
Midway USA often has all the walker models on sale, sometimes half or more off. Not trying to shill that brand, Ive just not tried another brand yet and these seem to be awesome for the price.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Little bit on the design process.

This with a 10-12" barrel with a suppressor in 300 blackout would be dope.

@ mainman

Loving this 610 but I have to say the action just isnt near as slick as my model 27. Got to looking at the performance center upgrade packages. Any services in particular you would recommend?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
@ mainman

Loving this 610 but I have to say the action just isnt near as slick as my model 27. Got to looking at the performance center upgrade packages. Any services in particular you would recommend?
Happy you are lovin the new revolver, how many rounds you put through it so far, I don't recall you posting pics. So you have a 357 and 10mm side by side, which kicks harder.

Well I never sent any of my S&W in for upgrades, I usually straight buy the Performance Center models. The prime difference on a PC model is the single action trigger, since 99.5% of the time I favor a single action pull this and the integrated muzzle brake is why I just spent more on this model. The single action pull on a stock S&W vs a Performance Center is like the difference between a V6 vs a super charged V8. I always recommend adjusting the trigger pull, might also want to add a mount for a reflex sight.

The only firearm I ever upgraded post purchase is my Desert Eagle.

What type of work do you want done to your 610

Revolver rifles fellas, also spohr, I knew they had a reputation for some of the finest made rifle parts, never knew they made revolvers, go check their website out, so good.

———————

@mainman- um there is a bit more snap to the 10mm, online they are telling me to go run some underwood through it if Im curious what a plinking ammo 44mag feels like.

I feel a lot faster, natural, accurate with the 357 but ive also put around 500 rounds through it already, the 10mm has been a little struggle finding ammo that runs, actually yesterday was the first issue free day with it.

I also shoot single action, its just what comes naturally, im great at resetting the hammer during recoil, my hands just naturally do it. When I work the actions of both furiously, I can just feel the 10mm is rougher. Both are the most amazing trigger pulls ive ever felt so odd to hear that is what changes most. They do not make an off the shelf performance 610, but you can send it in for a big list of different customizing services. So im thinking it would be cool to have a performance center 610, maybe since off the shelf they only sell them shiny, im thinking maybe let them blue it or bead blast it too so it really sticks out as a custom. As mentioned though, just starting to get the hang of this one, wouldnt be sending it in for at least a few months.

Also fucking loving moon clips, they are deffo my jam vs speed loaders, any future revolvers from here out will be moon clip compatible.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member

Revolver rifles fellas, also spohr, I knew they had a reputation for some of the finest made rifle parts, never knew they made revolvers, go check their website out, so good.

———————

@mainman- um there is a bit more snap to the 10mm, online they are telling me to go run some underwood through it if Im curious what a plinking ammo 44mag feels like.

I feel a lot faster, natural, accurate with the 357 but ive also put around 500 rounds through it already, the 10mm has been a little struggle finding ammo that runs, actually yesterday was the first issue free day with it.

I also shoot single action, its just what comes naturally, im great at resetting the hammer during recoil, my hands just naturally do it. When I work the actions of both furiously, I can just feel the 10mm is rougher. Both are the most amazing trigger pulls ive ever felt so odd to hear that is what changes most. They do not make an off the shelf performance 610, but you can send it in for a big list of different customizing services. So im thinking it would be cool to have a performance center 610, maybe since off the shelf they only sell them shiny, im thinking maybe let them blue it or bead blast it too so it really sticks out as a custom. As mentioned though, just starting to get the hang of this one, wouldnt be sending it in for at least a few months.

Also fucking loving moon clips, they are deffo my jam vs speed loaders, any future revolvers from here out will be moon clip compatible.
I try not to personalize my guns, in case I need to sale in the future.

I am looking also at a 350 Legend which also uses moon clips.

maxresdefault (21).jpg

Ive customized almost all of mine, if I think it will help me shoot better or enjoy it more. I love working on them, just like working on candy cabs or cars or hifi equipment or anything else ive been into. Lately ive been looking at the tooling needed to assemble my own ak’s from imported parts kits.

I make sure to leave my conceal carry and my home defense 100% stock, just in case the worst happens and I wind up in court over them some day.

These revolvers seem to be a new can of worms I dont know if I want to get into.

Im in love with moon clips vs speed loaders, I cant see ever buying another revolver that isnt cut for them. I bought the tk customs tools to load and unload them. Makes it very enjoyable.

Oh you guys should get a range report on the hi-point yeet cannon. First time out it went through about 200 rounds fine, not falling totally back into battery a few times.

That giant heavy ass slide makes recoil a nightmare. The grips pinch my hands, wrapped them up with some hockey goon grip tape. Took it to a few indoor ranges this week, was kind of glad to see it had trouble running some ammo that another gun wouldnt run.

Throws massive robocop size fireballs out of the sides and top of that obnoxious brake, I couldnt see that outdoors in the sun. Got a bunch of attention at the range for that, the range officer got a good laugh from it as he has never seen anyone “customize” a hi-point so properly, we had a long convo about hi-point vs taurus. One of the features I really like are the adjustable sights.

For $200 it gets a million laughs and looks and runs surprisingly well. Kind of hoping the aftermarket will make some grips and shit for it. Considering removing the grips entirely and just having thicker wrapped goon tape grip.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Oh you guys should get a range report on the hi-point yeet cannon. First time out it went through about 200 rounds fine, not falling totally back into battery a few times.

That giant heavy ass slide makes recoil a nightmare. The grips pinch my hands, wrapped them up with some hockey goon grip tape. Took it to a few indoor ranges this week, was kind of glad to see it had trouble running some ammo that another gun wouldnt run.

Throws massive robocop size fireballs out of the sides and top of that obnoxious brake, I couldnt see that outdoors in the sun. Got a bunch of attention at the range for that, the range officer got a good laugh from it as he has never seen anyone “customize” a hi-point so properly, we had a long convo about hi-point vs taurus. One of the features I really like are the adjustable sights.

For $200 it gets a million laughs and looks and runs surprisingly well. Kind of hoping the aftermarket will make some grips and shit for it. Considering removing the grips entirely and just having thicker wrapped goon tape grip.
I need the yeet cannon in my life😩🥺.........I need MORE CANNONS................MORE CANNONS

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Hu hu hu... He said bush... Then he said whacker...

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
At a quick glance I thought you had posted a Steyr M9.

HK P30L with the ridiculous rail mount compensator and extendo mags on the way, wick had a taran tactical version but aint nobody can afford that shit

Would love to try a steyr, this is my first hk.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
So finally got out to the range yesterday to test fire the 500. I tell you that muzzle brake tames the shit out of this gun, barely felt the recoil. Substantial upgrade with the fire ball it generates compared to the 460. Really want to get this onto a private range so I can blow shit up.

I’ll pay for the tannerite targets, you bring the ammo!

Shooting steel for the first time last month ruined me for paper, it is so much more rewarding just to hear that ding.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I’ll pay for the tannerite targets, you bring the ammo!

Shooting steel for the first time last month ruined me for paper, it is so much more rewarding just to hear that ding.
I really want to shoot some fruit but morally I can't bring myself to waste food having grown up poor as hell and as such spent most of my youth close to starvation.

Yeah I could light up some steel instead.