Firearm enthusiast thread

Submitted just last month on the 24th, really wasnt expecting that kind of turnaround time.

It sure is an interesting american experience exercising those firearm rights.

And you better believe the stock Ive had waiting for months and months fits like shit and looks like shit. Thanks AK platform.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If you're doing a form 1 it typically doesn't take long.
When I did the ARX I think it was 33 days start to finish.
What takes forever is doing a transfer of exsisting items on a form 4.
It fucking sucks having to get a permission slip to exercise your rights then be insulted by having to pay a tax on them.
NFA is unconstitutional and the tax is racist and thievery.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Also the only reason congress created the category of “short barrel” shotguns and rifles is because their original intent was to ban handguns.

The SBS and SBR categorization was to prevent a loophole where people could still have smallish, concealable (lol) firearms…but the handgun ban was dead on arrival and so now we have some complete nonsense regulations.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Sigh, can I go play with my sbr now and just enjoy it 2A dad and 2A grampa?
Not until you finish washing the dishes, walk the dog, and eat your veggies.
BTW, the grass is looking kinda tall...

*hasnt been able to steal a single pink bud light can from papa hellion without the tucker carlson show to distract him and is getting stressed*

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Meanwhile, here in Illinois it’s a total shit show. They damn near banned everything, and told us we have until Jan 1 to register currently owned firearms with the state police.

You can keep the good stuff in my safe here in kentucky

They want you to register everything? What new state bans are effecting your stuff?

HellioN

20 Year Member
Meanwhile, here in Illinois it’s a total shit show. They damn near banned everything, and told us we have until Jan 1 to register currently owned firearms with the state police.
Peaceful civil disobedience on a mass scale is my suggestion.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You can keep the good stuff in my safe here in kentucky

They want you to register everything? What new state bans are effecting your stuff?
Yes, you have until January 1 to register any firearms that they consider banned. if not, you’re committing a felony.

82 degrees, clear skies, no wind, shady range all to myself. Super thick kentucky forest with a thousand shades of green all around.

Today was all iron sights: M1 garand, circle 11 AKM and my last trip out with the model 27, its sold.

Second time out for the garand, both the range owner and I had issues loading the garand, until funny enough I remembered that was a rifle for real men without limp wrists or concern for personal safety. Gotta use that pimp hand strength, no issues after that.

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
You... You actually shoot them?
I thought this was a website about buying stuff just to stare at it later and never actually use.

I never mentioned firing anything, I just like to load them up when its pretty outside and get into some interpretive nude dance in the forest with loaded rifles as background set pieces.

HellioN

20 Year Member
But just the act of touching them disturbs the layer of protective dust.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What do you think of this muzzle brake

View attachment 65610
It’s funny that you would post that. I actually contacted the manufacture of that brake to see how much it was. I don’t think it’s necessary for 460 but it would probably help on a 500.

The recoil on a 460 isn’t terrible, it’s just extremely loud… And I do mean really loud.

Every single time I take the 460 to the range, and there’s other people there, there’s at least one or two people that will stop and asked me what the hell that stupid loud thing is.

There’s a new around called a 500 Bushwacker, I’m sure that monster need something like that.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
It’s funny that you would post that. I actually contacted the manufacture of that brake to see how much it was. I don’t think it’s necessary for 460 but it would probably help on a 500.

The recoil on a 460 isn’t terrible, it’s just extremely loud… And I do mean really loud.

Every single time I take the 460 to the range, and there’s other people there, there’s at least one or two people that will stop and asked me what the hell that stupid loud thing is.

There’s a new around called a 500 Bushwacker, I’m sure that monster need something like that.
You gotta buy that brake for your .460

I am saving up for a BFR and a Bushwhacker conversion.

Speaking of 460, I just scoped mine.

Last edited:
Glorious private range day today boys.

I cant believe I went so many years in life without knowing the simple pleasure and mental health benefits of an AK47 gently rocking back into your shoulder as you hear the satisfying sub sonic lead slapping steel in quick succession.

Also: I upgraded to peltor TEP-200 not long ago. I see why these are the gold standard for inner ear protection, cant recommend them enough. Well worth the money for anyone considering. Its taken a few range trips to get used to them and really get/understand the benefits. Great quality of life upgrade that is making the range much more enjoyable is why I mention them.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Been reloading on/off all weekend. Some 44 mag, some 45-70. Today is wrapping up with some 240g 460 flamethrowers.E74CDC6F-E441-4902-853A-71CC4E32819C.jpeg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Glorious private range day today boys.

I cant believe I went so many years in life without knowing the simple pleasure and mental health benefits of an AK47 gently rocking back into your shoulder as you hear the satisfying sub sonic lead slapping steel in quick succession.

Also: I upgraded to peltor TEP-200 not long ago. I see why these are the gold standard for inner ear protection, cant recommend them enough. Well worth the money for anyone considering. Its taken a few range trips to get used to them and really get/understand the benefits. Great quality of life upgrade that is making the range much more enjoyable is why I mention them.
Enjoy!

I’ll be honest, I tried really hard to get into AK-47s, but never really developed love for them.